Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pez555

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 18, 2010
looking to be able to completely change my lockscreen (iPhone 5) but not sure which apps on cydia are working on 6.1, can anyone point me to any?

i like the move2unlock type apps where you can move the screen etc

sstan3000

macrumors newbie
Feb 7, 2013
roxboxlockscreen

I dont know about moving the screen, but there is this lockscreen called roxboxlockscreen, which looks nice. Just Search it on Cydia, and checkout the screenshots.

Hope this Helps! :D

AppleDeviceUser

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2012
Canada
Try "Forecast" it adds weather where your clock is and it keeps the clock.
Also try "Springtomize" it can change alot of thing about the lock screen (and everything else) like changing the slider text, disable the camera button, or add notification centre.

xxxhackaxxx

macrumors regular
Feb 26, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
looking to be able to completely change my lockscreen (iPhone 5) but not sure which apps on cydia are working on 6.1, can anyone point me to any?

i like the move2unlock type apps where you can move the screen etc

Check out MiLock i5. It is VERY customizalbe and might be what your looking for.

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
MiLock I5 is a cracker for the lockscreen but be warned it resets after every respring :(

that's been fixed apparently. anyone using this? am thinking of checking it out (since i am perfectly happy with where my iphone is); what could be better than changing it all up again? :D

milock

Jakeblu

macrumors regular
Feb 20, 2008
UK
that's been fixed apparently. anyone using this? am thinking of checking it out (since i am perfectly happy with where my iphone is); what could be better than changing it all up again? :D

milock

Downloaded the latest update this morning, reset the lockscreen just resprung and its all gone, so have to reset. Dont mind too much at least I know my WOE ID off by heart :) What annoys me more is losing my custom screens from the folder everytime theres a new update :(

Edit: Seems there's a new version MiLock I5 Pro free to those who have already bought MiLock I5 downloading now will update later.

Last edited:

Jakeblu

macrumors regular
Feb 20, 2008
UK
Happy to report that Milock I5 Pro does save its configuration when respringing. Happy days :)

It is a decent lockscreen with plenty of config options but beware its a 50mb download and as such maybe a little large for some for a lockscreen tweak.

bandofbrothers

macrumors 601
Oct 14, 2007
Uk
Happy to report that Milock I5 Pro does save its configuration when respringing. Happy days :)

It is a decent lockscreen with plenty of config options but beware its a 50mb download and as such maybe a little large for some for a lockscreen tweak.

Tried the tweak but its not for me personally.

bandofbrothers

macrumors 601
Oct 14, 2007
Uk
was going to check it out today. just wondering; what did u NOT like about it?
thanx..!

I didn't look too deeply but I couldn't see anywhere of using my own image as the background. I have a particular one I use !

I didn't look too deeply to be fair.

I found the settings to be fiddley but that's just me.

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
miLock is an interesting idea, and i appreciate the effort, and the potential. but i find it unintuitive, and extremely cranky...and limited.

a better idea is to find a lockscreen you like, copy it to your computer, edit it there (the html, images, etc) then ssh back onto the phone...

Jakeblu

macrumors regular
Feb 20, 2008
UK
I didn't look too deeply but I couldn't see anywhere of using my own image as the background. I have a particular one I use !

I didn't look too deeply to be fair.

I found the settings to be fiddley but that's just me.

Settings are a little fiddly but you soon get used to it its probably because the concept is pretty new and not sure there is anything quite like this in Cydia. Kudos to the author.

BTW you can set your own lockscreen images but you have to use iFile. Theres a detailed tutorial here which pretty much shows how to fully config MiLock

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.