Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ffosse

macrumors 68000
Nov 5, 2012
The Nano 7G is the one music player I like better than any other I've had - and that includes Cowons, Sonys, Samsungs and Sansas.

It's better than the 6G because of Bluetooth and longer battery life.

Medic311

macrumors 68000
Jul 30, 2011
i prefer the 6th gen nano as i can clip it to clothing while at the gym. that way i don't need the Shuffle which is a PITA without a screen IMO.

if you've noticed, all apple does is flip flop on the design...going from thin and long to more square-like to keep things fresh and new. they take away features, then re-add them and call them new features. they've been doing this for over half a decade. don't be surprised if the 8th gen Nano resembles the 6th gen, and the 9th gen resembles the 7th gen

TooLowToZero

macrumors newbie
Dec 29, 2012
I have had my Nano 7 gen for the past month and love it. It fits in my jeans (right hand) pocket insert. It stays in there most of the day. Just wish it was 32gb to fit my entire library! I use the nano to save my iPhone 5 battery. I also use it to play via Bluetooth into a small speaker at work. No regrets.

Ffosse

macrumors 68000
Nov 5, 2012
i prefer the 6th gen nano as i can clip it to clothing while at the gym. that way i don't need the Shuffle which is a PITA without a screen IMO.

if you've noticed, all apple does is flip flop on the design...going from thin and long to more square-like to keep things fresh and new. they take away features, then re-add them and call them new features. they've been doing this for over half a decade. don't be surprised if the 8th gen Nano resembles the 6th gen, and the 9th gen resembles the 7th gen

All Apple did was add a 2.5" touchscreen, Bluetooth 4, a bigger battery, enhanced Nike+ support.

It's a vast improvement on the 6G.

Medic311

macrumors 68000
Jul 30, 2011
All Apple did was add a 2.5" touchscreen, Bluetooth 4, a bigger battery, enhanced Nike+ support.

It's a vast improvement on the 6G.

ahh let's see where do i start. everything you just said are features, not design. and you think a diagonal 2.5" screen is really that great? the 5th gen Nano had a 2.22" screen. guess what - they're both pointless for watching videos which is why they are shaped that way. then they stripped away that feature in favor of a small square clip on design, now they're back to the elongated rectangular design.

i was talking about design. go to Wikipedia and look up the iPod Nano and see what Apple does with the design generations. it's pure genius. basically marketing 101

look man, i didn't mean to strike a nerve with you. i like the 6th as it suits my needs better. my parents prefer the 7th gen nano b/c it has a bigger screen. but my point is that you don't need the newest nano to have the big screen - Apple had it before but they keep going back and forth to create the "all new design" marketing spin

Ffosse

macrumors 68000
Nov 5, 2012
ahh let's see where do i start. everything you just said are features, not design. and you think a diagonal 2.5" screen is really that great? the 5th gen Nano had a 2.22" screen. guess what - they're both pointless for watching videos which is why they are shaped that way. then they stripped away that feature in favor of a small square clip on design, now they're back to the elongated rectangular design.

i was talking about design. go to Wikipedia and look up the iPod Nano and see what Apple does with the design generations. it's pure genius. basically marketing 101

look man, i didn't mean to strike a nerve with you. i like the 6th as it suits my needs better. my parents prefer the 7th gen nano b/c it has a bigger screen. but my point is that you don't need the newest nano to have the big screen - Apple had it before but they keep going back and forth to create the "all new design" marketing spin

I had the 6, and while I liked it, the screen was too small for scrolling playlists and songs plus the battery wasn't very good - the 7G screen is much better in that regard, plus with the player in my pocket I can now browse playlists etc. using the buttons on the side.

Design or not, the 7G is a huge improvement over the 6G - it's basically a far more advanced player.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.