Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Avicdar

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 11, 2004
Toronto
Looking for recommendations.

I have a need for the a simple slideshow player that can use the native photo library, allows simple next/previous slide interactivity, and is lightweight. Simple dissolve or other non-fancy transitions are perfect.

Tried Slideshow Director HD - bloated mess. Way to much for what I need.

The built in photo app would be perfect, if it actually allowed next/previous control, but it is automatic or nothing.

The app also needs to support the apple video out adaptors (vga, HDMI).

iPhoto seems the front runner so far, but if there is something even more lightweight and focused on the task, I'd appreciate knowing about it. This would be for an iPad 2 running iOS 6.

Thank you!

tekboi

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2006
EasŦcoast
Looking for recommendations.

I have a need for the a simple slideshow player that can use the native photo library, allows simple next/previous slide interactivity, and is lightweight. Simple dissolve or other non-fancy transitions are perfect.

Tried Slideshow Director HD - bloated mess. Way to much for what I need.

The built in photo app would be perfect, if it actually allowed next/previous control, but it is automatic or nothing.

The app also needs to support the apple video out adaptors (vga, HDMI).

iPhoto seems the front runner so far, but if there is something even more lightweight and focused on the task, I'd appreciate knowing about it. This would be for an iPad 2 running iOS 6.

Thank you!

I'm pretty sure iPad has something called Picture frame mode that turns your pictures into a slideshow.

But i'm sure there are other options out there...

Avicdar

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 11, 2004
Toronto
I'm pretty sure iPad has something called Picture frame mode that turns your pictures into a slideshow.

But i'm sure there are other options out there...

Thanks - unfortunately that option doesn't allow for an interactive, controllable slideshow. It's also just automatic.

In the end I think my solution will just be to load up an album, make the first image full screen and just swipe. With mirroring on on the secondary display, this will look pretty much like a manually controlled slideshow.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.