Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today released iOS 6.1.3 to the public, delivering several minor enhancements including a fix for a passcode security bug.
This update contains improvements and other bug fixes including:

- Fixes a bug that could allow someone to bypass the passcode and access the Phone app
- Improvements to Maps in Japan
ios_6_1_3.jpg
Apple last week quietly delivered some server-side improvements to Maps for Japanese users, but it appears that iOS 6.1.3 also builds in some updates for these users.

iOS 6.1.3 began life as iOS 6.1.1 in early February, but was re-labeled as iOS 6.1.3 as Apple rushed out a pair of emergency bug fixes.

iOS 6.1.3, which arrives as Build 10B329, also reportedly addresses at least one of the security holes used by the evasi0n jailbreak tool, so users interested in jailbreaking their devices will undoubtedly want to hold off on upgrading until more information surfaces.

Article Link: Apple Releases iOS 6.1.3 With Passcode Bug Fix and Japanese Maps Enhancements, Kills Evasi0n Jailbreak

RJCP

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2011
You people are funny. THe bug is announced, you cry for blood. They release a fix, you say "thank you, but no thank you"...

For crying out loud...

Diode

macrumors 68020
Apr 15, 2004
Washington DC
I hope it fixes the issue my iPhone 5 has with holding on to my home wifi signal long after it's no longer usable.

Annoying....

troop231

macrumors 603
Jan 20, 2010
Did they fix the issue with Safari and other apps not playing background audio from YouTube and other sites?

This is what I'm talking about...

http://youtu.be/Sg77imswSp4

That's not a bug, that's a feature ;)

But in all seriousness, I think they removed it on purpose.

There's an app called McTube that still works perfect for background audio though :)

Nightarchaon

macrumors 65816
Sep 1, 2010
Ahh finally the fix to remove choice from my device and lock me securely back into apples airtight eco system that i have been waiting for ... :rolleyes:

Think ill stick with the build i have + Cydia until apple add a feature to the updates instead of just releasing updates that close jailbreaks.

Apple seems to have gone from innovating, to evolving, to stagnating, to normal corporate bullcrap in record time since SJ passed.

AppleTV update out today too - not sure what is changed though
Probably just a patch to fix the iOS jailbreak issue, nothing more.

My iPad demands me to be on wifi to update, most annoying thing ever, i have unlimited data on my wifi+3G iPad mini but i cant bloody use it unless i jailbreak...then i cant update because it will break the jailbreak.

Apple needs to lift that app size/update download limit, its really a stoneage limit now, given that my iPad minis speed test on 3G is 16mb/s down and 9mb/s up so its broadband speeds

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.