Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrcalabash

macrumors regular
Mar 8, 2011
The biggest innovation I look forward to seeing is how Apple, Samsung and any other company overcomes the battery longevity issues for such a small device.

If they have a significant breakthrough, it could lead to much improved performance in other mobile devices.

I've read that people want their watches always on. I'm thinking a compromise--say time, date, basic alerts as low powered LCD--and then you blow on watch or shake your wrist to bring up full hands free functionality.

Carniphage

macrumors 68000
Oct 29, 2006
Sheffield, England
Oh my, with all your hate against Samsung, one might think they ruined your life or something... :eek:

It is probably just me, but I think when businesses feel the need to slap their logo right on the front of their devices, (not a sticker but an actual permanent word that you can't rub off) it shows a degree of contempt for their customers.

I am sure other people don't feel the same way. But to me, it's just not very classy.

needfx

Suspended
Aug 10, 2010
macrumors apparently
Since when has Tag-heuer been considered a high-end watchmaker, you clearly do not know what high end watches are i.e. Patek Philippe. Tag heuer are middle of the pack watches worn by young yuppies who think they are something with their new Tag, much like driving a Porsche Boxster

True, I had to specify mid to high range

aerok

macrumors 65816
Oct 29, 2011
It is probably just me, but I think when businesses feel the need to slap their logo right on the front of their devices, (not a sticker but an actual permanent word that you can't rub off) it shows a degree of contempt for their customers.

I am sure other people don't feel the same way. But to me, it's just not very classy.

But you take it so personal, all you did in this thread is bashing Samsung. You have way too much negativity. You should thank them for making Apple work harder.

----------

Pathetic Samsung

Monkey see what? I don't see any iWatch anywhere.

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA

So how do you feel about the macbook pro which has MacBook Pro on the front and the big glowing apple on the back? :rolleyes:

mrcalabash

macrumors regular
Mar 8, 2011
Unless it completely REPLACES your iPhone it will be a novelty item that maybe 20% of iPhone users will be interested in.

I hard to get an exact number of current users, but 20 of maybe 100 million ain't exactly peanuts. It would be a significant addition to their bottom line.

Meandmunch

macrumors 6502
Jan 3, 2002
"We've been preparing the watch product for so long"

So what your saying is it isn't finished yet but we wanted you all to believe we were first and Apple is the copycat.

Xavier

macrumors demi-god
Mar 23, 2006
Columbus
My guess is that your hands and pockets are too small for normal sized phones too, and as a result, you are relegated to using an iPhone.

As a matter of fact, I find the iPhone 5 a little too large and the even larger Samsung phones way to big.

But phones aside, I was talking about petite people, like myself, not wanting a huge bulky watch. It looks strange.

SirYossi

macrumors regular
Jan 4, 2012
Penfield
Support Apple from USA boycott Samsung from Korea

Support US based Company's - Apple is a US Company although they do make stuff in china but it is still a US Company - As Apple Moves Jobs back to the Americas it is more important then ever to support them. Enough of the cheap Korea and Asian Junk that is flooding our markets. If Samsung wins over Apple we will lost another company to the Asians. I am planning to boycott all Samsung items and hope others follow. IT is time for us to take back our company's and let them know we support them. Samsung and others seem to wait till someone else innovates and they copy making a sim product and sell for half the price. I refuse to buy any samsung TV or electronic devices.

Oletros

macrumors 603
Jul 27, 2009
Premià de Mar
Support US based Company's - Apple is a US Company although they do make stuff in china but it is still a US Company - As Apple Moves Jobs back to the Americas it is more important then ever to support them. Enough of the cheap Korea and Asian Junk that is flooding our markets. If Samsung wins over Apple we will lost another company to the Asians. I am planning to boycott all Samsung items and hope others follow. IT is time for use to take back our company's and let them know we support them. Samsung and others seem to wait till someone else innovates and they copy making a sim product and sell for half the price. I refuse to buy any samsung TV or electronic devices.

So, you won't buy any Apple product that uses Samsung part?

blueroom

macrumors 603
Feb 15, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Here's the rub as I see it.

Samsung doesn't have any president for software upgrades on their in house projects, mostly patches & bug fixes only. This is a trend from nearly every hardware manufacturer. Seems the trend is to pull firmware engineers ASAP onto whatever new product is in the pipe.

SirYossi

macrumors regular
Jan 4, 2012
Penfield
So, you won't buy any Apple product that uses Samsung part?

As it shows Apple is moving away from the need to samsung parts - It buys its own chip maker in Israel it is a matter of time before they can make there own parts in house - but the more apple moves away from samsung the better. I could turn that to say Samsung branded products -

aerok

macrumors 65816
Oct 29, 2011
Support US based Company's - Apple is a US Company although they do make stuff in china but it is still a US Company - As Apple Moves Jobs back to the Americas it is more important then ever to support them. Enough of the cheap Korea and Asian Junk that is flooding our markets. If Samsung wins over Apple we will lost another company to the Asians. I am planning to boycott all Samsung items and hope others follow. IT is time for us to take back our company's and let them know we support them. Samsung and others seem to wait till someone else innovates and they copy making a sim product and sell for half the price. I refuse to buy any samsung TV or electronic devices.

Oh ok then good luck buying a quality TV made by an American company. And please tell me where I can find a flagship Samsung phone that sells for half the price as an iPhone.

And I have to say, your statement is very racist and provocative.

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA
As it shows Apple is moving away from the need to samsung parts - It buys its own chip maker in Israel it is a matter of time before they can make there own parts in house - but the more apple moves away from samsung the better. I could turn that to say Samsung branded products -

Is it just Samsung - or are you going to eliminate all asian products from your life now?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.