Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sid1397

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 22, 2013
I have a factory unlocked iPhone 3GS with iOS 4.1 Jailbroken with Cydia. When I am updating to iOS 6 I am getting stuck in initial setup . It says that no cellular network found . I have restored it to iOS 4.1 but pls help how to update to iOS 6.1 !!!!

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
I have a factory unlocked iPhone 3GS with iOS 4.1 Jailbroken with Cydia. When I am updating to iOS 6 I am getting stuck in initial setup . It says that no cellular network found . I have restored it to iOS 4.1 but pls help how to update to iOS 6.1 !!!!

You have to update through iTunes on a computer. You can't update a jailbroken phone OTA. If you're trying through a computer already, then I'm not sure.

PsstGreek

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2010
Tampa Bay

You would need the SHSH saved for iOS 6.1 to restore. Otherwise iOS 6.1.3 is your only option to go to.

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA

PsstGreek is right, I didn't read your post fully. Unless you have the SHSH blobs saved, you cannot update to 6.1. The only option would be updating to 6.1.3 through iTunes.

Sid1397

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 22, 2013
No , this isn't the problem !!! When iOS 6 had'nt released the also it was'nt updating to iOS 5 !! Same problem !! Any solutions !! Is there a problem with the baseband or something !!

PsstGreek

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2010
Tampa Bay
No , this isn't the problem !!! When iOS 6 had'nt released the also it was'nt updating to iOS 5 !! Same problem !! Any solutions !! Is there a problem with the baseband or something !!

Dude, calm down :cool: Do you have the iPad baseband (6.15.00) on your 3GS?

You probably couldn't upgrade to iOS 5 when you wanted because Apple wasn't signing it anymore, just like they aren't signing 6.1

Sid1397

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 22, 2013
Yes the iPad baseband !!! Is the problem related to it !! I bought it from apple factory unlocked !!

PsstGreek

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2010
Tampa Bay
Yes the iPad baseband !!! Is the problem related to it !! I bought it from apple factory unlocked !!

What's with all the !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

If you bought the iPhone already factory unlocked, why put the iPad baseband on it? Now, you need to use redsn0w to take it off.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.