Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chuck-Norris

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 17, 2012
i have a brand new ipod nano 16gb black 5th gen with original packaging etc

held on to it for years but it just sits on the shelf collecting dust.

got an offer on kijii for 150 dollars. is that a good deal? will they grow in value?

i purchased it for 160 lol

thanks

quasinormal

macrumors 6502a
Oct 26, 2007
Sydney, Australia.
At least $150 and possibly as much as $200. Maybe even more. It is a highly desirable model that would get plenty of attention if you sold it on a place like ebay.

I'd ask for $200. The same model used would probably get around $120.

Medic311

macrumors 68000
Jul 30, 2011
They were the best iPod Nano gen to date. Apple has been stripping out features and adding incremental ones (bluetooth - but what about wifi for AirPlay and iTunes Match???)

The click-wheel on the 5th gen is also the best (THE BEST) way for navigating menus and music on such a small device. The touch screen is obnoxious when scrolling

The iPod Nano 5th gen is worth a lot and I expect it to actually appreciate in value with the way apple is heading with the nano. I would start hording them and hope that people selling them on eBay are clueless off their value and just want some cash t upgrade (or downgrade) to the newest one

Chuck-Norris

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 17, 2012
At least $150 and possibly as much as $200. Maybe even more. It is a highly desirable model that would get plenty of attention if you sold it on a place like ebay.

I'd ask for $200. The same model used would probably get around $120.

id had it on kijij for MONTHS and so far this is the best offer

and yeah i see em on ebay for like 200. would they go up in value?

Fralle

macrumors 6502
May 18, 2012
South part of North
They were the best iPod Nano gen to date. Apple has been stripping out features and adding incremental ones (bluetooth - but what about wifi for AirPlay and iTunes Match???)

The click-wheel on the 5th gen is also the best (THE BEST) way for navigating menus and music on such a small device. The touch screen is obnoxious when scrolling

Ok? Well I would say this is a matter of taste? Not everybody feels like you do I would guess.

The iPod Nano 5th gen is worth a lot and I expect it to actually appreciate in value with the way apple is heading with the nano. I would start hording them and hope that people selling them on eBay are clueless off their value and just want some cash t upgrade (or downgrade) to the newest one

So you say its worth a lot? Why dont you start hording then? :D

Chuck-N...I would still take the offer! You have tried to sell it for months right! Or you could sell it to Medic311 for 200. He thinks its worth a heck of a lot more ;)

Chuck-Norris

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 17, 2012
Ok? Well I would say this is a matter of taste? Not everybody feels like you do I would guess.

So you say its worth a lot? Why dont you start hording then? :D

Chuck-N...I would still take the offer! You have tried to sell it for months right! Or you could sell it to Medic311 for 200. He thinks its worth a heck of a lot more ;)

so 150 good?

they seem so expensive on ebay lol

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.