Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BaseballGuy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 13, 2012
I'm thinking of buying an iPad mini, and I really have no qualms about it. i was just wondering what features everyone thinks the mini 2 could have.

Medic311

macrumors 68000
Jul 30, 2011
purple unicorns

unicorn-man.jpg

raccoonboy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2012

u guys being mean to newbie here!

To answer such repetitive question, i would say not a feature i request but a 12W adaptor out of da box would be nice.

Im anticipating that Ipad 5 might come with 5W Iphone adaptor and take 10 hrs to charge which apple will suggest on their website for all of us to buy an extra 12W for USD 19.

Luis2004

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2012
If that.

Some rumors say no retina screen on the mini 2. I sincerely hope not. I would probably sell my iPad 4 and get a nice 32GB mini if it has retina. If not, I’ll just wait.

Luis2004

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2012
Just straighten out the hooked part of a coat hanger and stick it in the earphone jack. Should work fine.

You have to stick it in really, really deep though in order to get a good signal. Especially if you want to watch HD movies.

ramram55

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2012
I don't think it's even remotely likely but I would like to see a SD card slot on all versions of the iPad. One can dream... :rolleyes:
Agreed with you, what is so difficult to get the slot into the ipad for apple ?
Maybe they want to keep the suppliers making camera connection kit to be happy.:)

Luis2004

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2012
Maybe they want to keep the suppliers making camera connection kit to be happy.:)

yes, and they probably don’t care that your pristine iPad looks like it has a giant dingleberry while in that setup.

:(

Sophia.

macrumors member
Mar 15, 2013
United Kingdom

If people could use SD cards with their iPods, iPhones and iPads then the case for paying for more internal memory diminishes. I can't be sure but I bet Apple makes a lot of "extra" profit on it's higher memory models. :rolleyes:

ramram55

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2012
yes, and they probably don’t care that your pristine iPad looks like it has a giant dingleberry while in that setup.

:(
Just a micro sd card slot should do, no wonder other tablets manufactures are eating their market. As simple as that.

B...

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2013
I think it wont be retina. Simply because they are probably not going to sacrifice the battery and weight.

:)

I disagree. Apple managed to go Retina with the iPad by adding a few mm to thickness and a few grams to weight. No one hated the new 22 ounce iPad over the 20-21 because Retina is a huge plus. And with Apple requiring all apps to be retina soon, a not retina Mini would not make sense.

Luis2004

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2012
I think it wont be retina. Simply because they are probably not going to sacrifice the battery and weight.

:)

They will have to go to a full HD screen sooner rather than later. Given the fact that the Kindle Fire HD and Nexus 7 have better screens, they'll have to upgrade soon.

Yes, I know that those other tablets don't have the giant App Store at their disposal, and that's a valid point, but sooner or later Apple is going to have to keep up with the technology being offered elsewhere.

SR45

macrumors 65832
Aug 17, 2011
Florida
I'm thinking of buying an iPad mini, and I really have no qualms about it. i was just wondering what features everyone thinks the mini 2 could have.

Don't have a clue. Call Apple, and maybe they will tell you. Maybe not :D

OP, I have learned that such questions can never be answered by anyone on a forum, but Apple, and they are not talking. So its just guess work, and a waste of time trying to get into the head of Apple. These question will never cease :(

DesertEagle

macrumors 6502a
Jan 10, 2012
/home @ 127.0.0.1
I would, the normal retina iPad was way too heavy, the iPad mini is perfect :)

Ok, but are you sure you would notice it if the iPad mini increased just 10 percent in weight? It's just extra ounce (from 11 to 12 oz.). In comparison, the iPad 4 weighs 23.5 oz and the iPad 2 weighs 21.5.

Other than that, I agree with you about the normal retina iPad being a bit too heavy. Especially if you're going to hold it with one hand and write with the other, or hold it in an upright position with your hands. Static strain on the muscles can be harmful over time (like the "mouse arm").

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.