Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today launched a new promotion for U.S. customers, providing free next day shipping on all of its iPhone models. While Apple typically provides free shipping for all orders over $50, the promotion also includes the iPhone 4, which is free with a two year contract.

The shipping promotion comes shortly after Apple released a new "Why You'll Love an iPhone" advertising campaign via email and the web and a secondary email advertisement that highlighted Apple's 9th consecutive J.D. Power Smartphone Satisfaction Rankings win. Apple's advertising push follows the introduction of Samsung's Galaxy S 4 phone.

freeshipping.png
Potential customers are limited to purchasing two iPhones with the newly released shipping offer, which is available immediately. Though no specific holiday is associated with the promotion, it does come a week before the Easter holiday.

Article Link: Apple Launches U.S. iPhone Promotion Offering Free Next Day Shipping On All Models

Tiger8

macrumors 68020
May 23, 2011
game changer!

WOW! Free next day shipping?

This changes everything, AGAIN!

Maybe they want to get rid of that iPhone 5 overstock for 5s lauch

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Nov 26, 2007
Sounds good. Make an awesome next gen iPhone for me to order so I can experience the awesomeness of next day delivery.

imgonephishin

macrumors regular
Jan 3, 2003
It boggles the mind that someone thought this merited a FPP. Seriously. This will result in what... like five more iPhone sales in the next fiscal year?

imgonephishin

macrumors regular
Jan 3, 2003
Wow. You know, I had really been on the fence about the iPhone 4 for the past two and a half years. What really turned me off was the $10 shipping. And it's not like I'm going to drive to the closest phone store or Apple store. Time is money, people! But, now that the shipping is free, I am ready to commit to a $2,500 data plan over the next two years on a 30-month-old phone. Thanks, Apple!

</sarcasm>

Oui

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2012
You people are ridiculous. Don't want or need it don't buy one, simple.

Last edited:

foobarbaz

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2007
Fast shipping promo 5 days before the end of the quarter? That sounds a bit like bad news.

treyjustice

macrumors 65816
Jun 14, 2009
TX
Good deal if you're planning on getting an iPhone not sure why people are hating... I love free next day shipping :)

e-coli

macrumors 68000
Jul 27, 2002
This entire site has been in a crap mood for way too long. It's painful to read these threads anymore.

What does everyone hate about "free"?

Jeez people. Look at their product lineup. It's the nicest, most well-made and well-known of any company out there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.