Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

anonymust

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 20, 2010
in a house
I've been thinking about it for a while.

Since my first Macbook I fell in love with the products.

I think its time for me to get Apple certified.

But where should I start is the question?

What do I need to know in order to get a job at an Apple Store or the Genius Bar??

I;ve found one book online called 'OS X Lion Support Essentials'..

What kind of exams do they have in order to be certified?

4JNA

macrumors 68000
Feb 8, 2006
looking for trash files
doesn't take a genius.

I've been thinking about it for a while...

at least since Dec 2012 judging by the other identical thread...

part of being a good tech is the ability to solve problems. like finding info on Apple training. i might recommend the 'site map' on apple.com which would eventually lead you to 'training.apple.com' as a decent place to start.

identify the problem, isolate the problem, resolve the problem. repeat as necessary. best of luck.

tekboi

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2006
EasŦcoast
It's very hard to jump to being a Apple Genius without any prior work history with Apple. I'm pretty sure they are not just hiring people off of the streets for those positions. They are usually internally for those positions.

So yeah... retail... i'm afraid.

*this is what was told to me by an Apple Store Manager*

anonymust

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 20, 2010
in a house
Well then Retail it will be..

I've got quite a social background, and to be honest some of the retail guys I've seen in the store are a bit boring, they seem as if they hate their jobs (maybe they do) but hey..

I'm going to start from the bottom

P.s. What do you think is up for Apple's future? All great companies cant be on the top forever! ... Over the past 5 years I think apple has really shined bright among all other tech companies! the.. I thin the iPhone is what brought apple where it is today!

yg17

macrumors Pentium
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
Well then Retail it will be..

I've got quite a social background, and to be honest some of the retail guys I've seen in the store are a bit boring, they seem as if they hate their jobs (maybe they do) but hey..

I'm going to start from the bottom

P.s. What do you think is up for Apple's future? All great companies cant be on the top forever! ... Over the past 5 years I think apple has really shined bright among all other tech companies! the.. I thin the iPhone is what brought apple where it is today!

That's because it's retail. Working at an Apple Store is just polishing the turd that is a retail job. But at the end of the day, it's retail and all retail sucks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.