Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

StealthGhost

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 13, 2010
I don't remember this stuff happening much before ios6 but I could be mistaken.

iPad 3 wifi 16gb. Safari and Chrome both have to refresh tabs constantly when I switch back to them. Also, in Safari at least since that's my main one and especially on Reddit, it locks up a ton.

Just a lack of ram or what? Anyone else experiencing this?

gardiboy

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2011
I don't remember this stuff happening much before ios6 but I could be mistaken.

iPad 3 wifi 16gb. Safari and Chrome both have to refresh tabs constantly when I switch back to them. Also, in Safari at least since that's my main one and especially on Reddit, it locks up a ton.

Just a lack of ram or what? Anyone else experiencing this?

Well the ipad 3/4/iphone 5 all has 1 GB of ram.. doubt it should constantly refresh.. think u better close all apps and do a hard reset and test.

StealthGhost

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 13, 2010
Well the ipad 3/4/iphone 5 all has 1 GB of ram.. doubt it should constantly refresh.. think u better close all apps and do a hard reset and test.

Seems to have helped a great deal. Before, even going to one or two pages on a new tab then back to this thread on this tab it would refresh but now I've been doing stuff on 2-3 others and came back an hour later and it didn't refresh.

One thing I noticed when I hard reset (holding down both buttons till it fully turns off, right?) is it came back up with apps running that I closed before doing it and tabs remembered. Not a big deal but I was expecting something like a computer reboot so I almost felt like I must have done it wrong.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.