Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
Time for a new thread folks!

Continued from here:

What are you listening to pt.2

To embed a YouTube video, type the code in like this:

Screen%20Shot%202013-02-27%20at%204.56.57%20PM.png

You get the YouTube URL from the Share button on the

Reactions: MelissaSullivan

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Simple Minds - New Gold Dream (81–82–83–84)

YouTube: video

I love Simple Minds, and I loved the old (prehistoric, in the minds of some of our younger colleagues) 12" single. Now, they were for purists......a term which takes in both the music groups themselves (who wanted to release a more sophisticated, challenging version of an already released single) and, of course, us, their devoted followers who thrilled to the idea of a 'special' - occasionally brilliant (but sometimes self-indulgent) - version of a song created by a group that we admired, or liked.

Actually at one time, I had quite a collection of 12" singles......

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
Willy Moon's new one:

Don't really like it, think it's the weakest I've heard of his stuff so far, although pretty excited for the album next week. Apparently it's only 25 minutes long. LOL.

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
Me too... The only good CD player I have right now is my iBook Clamshell's CD drive so it's not very practical.

I never actually use iTunes, I just buy the actual CD :).

You can't anyway, it pops up an error. :p

Oh yeah. It's amazing how well the SuperDrive on old machines work. I've had so much trouble with them in my Intel MacBook Pros.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
I still prefer CDs. Not that I do't like iPods, I've had 3, but it's just different.

So do I.

Me too... The only good CD player I have right now is my iBook Clamshell's CD drive so it's not very practical.

I never actually use iTunes, I just buy the actual CD :).

Yes, I still buy them, too......

You can't anyway, it pops up an error. :p

Oh yeah. It's amazing how well the SuperDrive on old machines work. I've had so much trouble with them in my Intel MacBook Pros.

Unfortunately, too true. The Superdrive on my MBP was a source of grief....

For now, I am listening to the 'Marcia Religioso' from the soundtrack of 'The Godfather II'.

Reactions: MSastre

theuserjohnny

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2012
Justin Timberlake's The 20/20 Experience

Huge JT fan! FutureSex/Lovesound was my go to album back in the day! This one lives up to the hype and I can't wait for the second part of this album to come out!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.