Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DavidBlack

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 27, 2013
Somewhere In Apple's HQ ;)
Hi my MacBook Air dropped and it dented the side and now it won't charge what should I do?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 830

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
If u take it to Apple, they will want to replace the casing, not sure, but at least usd$300 bux?

Can u DIY? This maybe a simple case of twisted metal causing the magsafe to not make proper contact with the jack. A simple, relatively speaking, mechanical issue.

DavidBlack

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 27, 2013
If u take it to Apple, they will want to replace the casing, not sure, but at least usd$300 bux?

Can u DIY? This maybe a simple case of twisted metal causing the magsafe to not make proper contact with the jack. A simple, relatively speaking, mechanical issue.
Thanks for replying but I don't have a apple store near by

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
Btw this is the bottom I really hope it won't be too expensive

I am not sure what you think this forum is. Tthere is no vendor lurking by ready to take your business.

If you are in Bombay or Tehran, there are lots of Mom&Pop shops who is more than happy to look at it. If you are in the U.S., pretty much Apple$$$ and that's it.

DavidBlack

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 27, 2013
I am not sure what you think this forum is. Tthere is no vendor lurking by ready to take your business.

If you are in Bombay or Tehran, there are lots of Mom&Pop shops who is more than happy to look at it. If you are in the U.S., pretty much Apple$$$ and that's it.

I am live in Puerto Rico btw is it possible to mail it to apple?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.