Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Swifty007

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 29, 2013
London
Does anyone know of a easy to use manual/guide for Final Cut Pro X?

I am after something that is:
Easy to use
Basic English
Not written by people who write software (I never understand what they say)
Not written by someone from a techy background (e.g. the people who wrote the Apple manual)
Screen prints so I can understand (pictures say a thousand words)
Not too many words (if I'm faced with a page full of words I freak out and throw my toys out of the pram).

Does anyone have any good recommendations?

daybreak

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2009
Open FCP-X and then go unto the help line. Or go unto YouTube type in FCP-X.
You then have a choice.:rolleyes:

James_C

macrumors 68030
Sep 13, 2002
Bristol, UK
If you are a visual learner, You might want to take a look at screencasts online from Don McAllister. You can sign up for 3 months access and it's only $23 (around £14). He has hundreds of videos and two one hour videos covering Final Cut Pro X. You can download the videos as well as stream online. He also covers iOS and well as Mac Apps.

Don will certainly get you up and running on the basics of Final Cut Pro. If you are looking for more detailed courses then Lynda.com has some excellent Final Cut Pro X Tutorials.

musique

macrumors regular
Apr 10, 2009
Books as an additional medium

Also take a look at the Pearson/Peachpit series. For FCPX they have a book and/or an ebook with exercise files on a DVD or downloadable. There's both a regular and an advanced course. The exercises do a pretty good job at introducing the learner to standard features (edits, precise editor, audio, transitions, effects, and management) and also the things less frequently used by the novice like color correction, managing media, secondary storylines, multicam, animations, keying, etc.

We all learn differently so if learning this tool is important to you, you might look at an online source (like Lynda.com) as well as a book with exercises.

Good luck.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.