Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rabidz7

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 24, 2012
Ohio
I am looking to buy some PowerPC prototypes and/or apple laptop cases. Post if you have anything. Also I will consider any unusual apple stuff.

tdiaz

macrumors 6502
Feb 7, 2006
I've got a couple of Goleta CPU cards (G3 on a card for a PCI PPC), though the motherboards are somewhere, and a PDM motherboard (6100).. not necessarily looking to get rid of any of it, unless some 'rare' or 'interesting Apple II stuff were in the bait.

http://resetvector.com/images/apple32/

Lil Chillbil

macrumors 65816
Jan 30, 2012
California
I have an apple retail preview disk in the box from summer 93' It's full of ads for failed prototypes and printable posters

I got it sealed for $1

tdiaz

macrumors 6502
Feb 7, 2006
5214434888822866jpg0.jpg
:rolleyes:

kbfr08

macrumors 6502
Mar 16, 2007
Right now, I have a prototype Ti Powerbook G4 board, 2x Prototype MBP 15" boards (the red ones :D).

The only interesting thing about the Ti board is that the S/N comes up invalid on apple.com (can someone run it for me plz?), and the part number is non-standard... looks pretty close to production although the build date was months before the street date.

The MBP proto boards are red, obviously, but nothing out of the ordinary except for some debug connectors and stuff. All 3 were purchased from a company who cannibalized the machines, god knows where the rest of the parts are from.

crow99

macrumors newbie
Mar 12, 2013
Prototype machine

I have a fully functional 15'' Aluminum Powerbook G4 prototype. I recently replaced the HD but still have the original. It's been sitting in a corner of my room for a few years now so I finally made the effort to replace the HD. Aside from the replaced HD, the whole system is a prototype including the battery which still functions! It really does belong in a museum. The system is 10 years old and still runs like a charm. It's got the prototype tags and everything.

crow99

macrumors newbie
Mar 12, 2013
Motherboard

The motherboard for powerbooks came in a few colored flavors I believe for the Powerbook prototype machines. The DVTs were blue and EVT were red I think. EVT machines were typically not really reliable, but many DVT machines are just as good if not more reliable than the PVT ones since they are well tested (and mother approved).

----------

I don't have a prototype powerbook G5, but I can verify they did exist for those wondering if there could be any still around. But there's a reason why the machines went to Intel. As such, I would assume those are extremely collectible... even though they don't make very functional machines given its limitations.

Hugh

macrumors 6502a
Feb 9, 2003
Erie, PA
I have a prototype of the Mac server, the ones that didn't use Mac OS. It's in a big black box and it's heavy. I have no idea on how to turn it on. :/

Hugh

Hugh

macrumors 6502a
Feb 9, 2003
Erie, PA
I put it in storage so it might take some time to get those photos for you, but I'll get them to you some how. I think I can't turn on the machine because, you need the key. I don't have the key to the box, I rescued it from a recycling center not know what it was at the time.

Hugh

jamesjingyi

macrumors 6502a
Dec 20, 2011
UK
I have an apple retail preview disk in the box from summer 93' It's full of ads for failed prototypes and printable posters

I got it sealed for $1

Think you could sell this to me for $1??? :p

Could you upload the dmg? Would love to have a lookie

tdiaz

macrumors 6502
Feb 7, 2006
.. and it says to destroy after use
Well, that obviously didn't happen ;)

I've got a fairly decent selection of those discs.. and thought of that when I read the thread. I just never really thought that there was much "unreleased" stuff on them. But given the era, lead times, and such, it's not unlikely that something would make it onto the disc and end up cancelled.

Ironically, the Summer 1993 one is still sealed.

The files on these are mostly Pagemaker documents, and PDF. Never really explored them in depth either, obviously.

Lil Chillbil

macrumors 65816
Jan 30, 2012
California

I've got a fairly decent selection of those discs.. and thought of that when I read the thread. I just never really thought that there was much "unreleased" stuff on them. But given the era, lead times, and such, it's not unlikely that something would make it onto the disc and end up cancelled.

The files on these are mostly Pagemaker documents, and PDF. Never really explored them in depth either, obviously.

Theres the apple walt mentioned on it with posters

SonnyDickson

macrumors member
Jul 22, 2010
Melbourne, Australia

Mind uploading the stuff for me? any photos?

----------

I put it in storage so it might take some time to get those photos for you, but I'll get them to you some how. I think I can't turn on the machine because, you need the key. I don't have the key to the box, I rescued it from a recycling center not know what it was at the time.

Hugh

Thanks! Where did you find it? What City?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.