Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

justperry

macrumors G5
Original poster
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
Hi
Doesn't this imply that the iMac range's Intel intergrated graphics functionality is enabled?

"Apple's own promotional copy notes that the following general Macs support AirPlay Mirroring:
iMac (Mid-2011 or newer)
Mac mini (Mid-2011 or newer)
MacBook Air (Mid-2011 or newer)
MacBook Pro (Early 2011 or newer)
Apple ostensibly only supports AirPlay Mirroring on such a small list of systems because the feature uses Intel's Quick Sync technology provided by Intel HD Graphics 3000 and HD Graphics 4000 "integrated" graphics."

http://www.everymac.com/mac-answers...-airplay-mirroring-compatible-macs-hacks.html

Read about this a couple of months ago, didn't even think about this anymore.

joe-h2o

macrumors 6502a
Jun 24, 2012
I started this thread about the HD4000, not 2500, and as you can see below has proof the HD4000 is on the chip.

It is clear that *some* Ivy Bridge CPUs have the HD4000, but clearly not "all" as you are claiming.

A quick trip to Intel is all you need for this.

----------

Read about this a couple of months ago, didn't even think about this anymore.

Well, it;s clear that the current version of Airplay Mirroring doesn't require an HD3000 or HD4000 since it works on the Core i5 versions of the 2012 iMacs.

Madcoke

macrumors newbie
Mar 13, 2021
Hi, long time since the thread was active. But I was hoping for a solution to activate the intel HD4000 for graphics. My late 2012 iMacs dGpu is not working correctly, but it still works when I remove the NVDAStartup.kext. But it's a pain in the ass when I want to upgrade the Os, I have to install on another Mac and then remove the kext to make it work and there are som graphic glitches especially in Safari. I can se that AppelIntelHD4000Graphics kext is loaded but it's not showing upp in System Profiler, just the Geforce 680MX even when all the Nvidia Kext are removed from the system. Did anyone find a solution to activate the iGpu on the i7 cpu? I was hoping that it may be possible through Opencore but is not skilled enough.

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
I'm fairly sure the Intell HD 4000 is not wired to the internal or external display. This means that whatever you're seeing is always done using the Nvidia 680MX, never the Intell 4000.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.