Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jav6454

macrumors Core
Original poster
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
It's likely this youtube video.

Nice find and funny.

But it seems too straight forward for this much work. I remember Q, always takes his time torturing us in these April Fool's games. Remember the flag game? Find the meaning behind each flag then the meaning to the message of the flags. We found the letters, now what do they mean to the logo being pixelated and why are the bricks pixelated images?

SilentPanda

Moderator emeritus
Oct 8, 2002
The Bamboo Forest
Nice find. But it seems too straight forward for this much work. I remember Q, always takes his time torturing us in these April Fool's games.

Nah. The song name is Breakout which was acquired playing the game Breakout. You can keep looking, but there's nothing ahead unless you find another game.

The logo is likely pixelated to look like the game breakout.

jav6454

macrumors Core
Original poster
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
Nah. The song name is Breakout which was acquired playing the game Breakout. You can keep looking, but there's nothing ahead unless you find another game.

The logo is likely pixelated to look like the game breakout.

True. Now, how do we go about contacting Doctor Q and finding out if we where right?

eternlgladiator

macrumors 68000
Jun 20, 2010
Twin Cities
Nice find and funny.

But it seems too straight forward for this much work. I remember Q, always takes his time torturing us in these April Fool's games. Remember the flag game? Find the meaning behind each flag then the meaning to the message of the flags. We found the letters, now what do they mean to the logo being pixelated and why are the bricks pixelated images?

to be fair it wasn't really that much work. I played each level once since I didn't know which levels you had played. took all of 20 minutes.

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
Congratulations!

YouTube: video

It's likely this youtube video.

YouTube: [url=http://youtube.com/watch?v=4eNBM17tkjI]video[/url]
You and your team won by solving the puzzle! The nerdy Breakout video is indeed the answer.

You each win a lifetime supply of pocket protectors. :D

SilentPanda

Moderator emeritus
Oct 8, 2002
The Bamboo Forest
You and your team won by solving the puzzle! The nerdy Breakout video is indeed the answer.

eternlgladiator gets the win on this I think. They found all the characters first. So feel free to send my pocket protectors to them... also I have no pockets to protect and no pens to protect pockets from.

acearchie

macrumors 68040
Jan 15, 2006
Nice touch, fun and not too in your face like some others online today.

I'll always be proud of my small claim to fame where my avatar was used as the Macrumors logo a few years back.

eternlgladiator

macrumors 68000
Jun 20, 2010
Twin Cities

Nice, just what I wanted!

eternlgladiator gets the win on this I think. They found all the characters first. So feel free to send my pocket protectors to them... also I have no pockets to protect and no pens to protect pockets from.

Thanks Panda!

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
Credits

Our integrated forum game is based on the Breakout code written by Jake Gordon, who gave us permission to reuse it for today's surprise.

Thank you also to the moderators, for their ideas, suggestions, and testing of our custom game implementation.

The game will be active until midnight eastern time.

Last edited:

Squilly

macrumors 68020
Nov 17, 2012
PA
Our integrated forum game is based on the Breakout code written by Jake Gordon, who gave us permission to reuse it for today's surprise.

Thank you also to the moderators, for their ideas, suggestions, and testing of our custom game implementation.

The game will be active until midnight eastern time.

So what does it mean?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.