Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

apple_original_logo_150.jpg
As happens every year on April 1, today is April Fools' Day, and readers should be wary of hoaxes and claims at both news and rumor sites. Today also represents Apple's 37th anniversary, with their partnership having officially been founded on this day in 1976 by Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak.

As has become tradition, a number of today's pranks have focused on Apple, and here are a few of the more interesting ones to surface so far today.

RunKeeper for iPad

For those users not content with the small iPhone screen to help track their runs, RunKeeper has announced RunKeeper for iPad.
We're always trying to do more to make running and getting in shape easier and more intuitive.

In the process, we've discovered that for many of our users, the phone screen is just too small to get all that important real-time fitness information into one convenient place.
Orange Teardown

Tired of tearing down Apple products to examine their internals and assess their repairability, iFixit has moved on to a different fruit with its new Orange teardown.

MacRumors has not participated in April Fools' Day prank news stories in the past, and have no plans to breakout from that tradition this year. All news stories posted on our site today are real.

Article Link: Happy April Fools' Day 2013: RunKeeper for iPad, iPlay Game Console, and More

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
MacRumors has not participated in April Fools' Day prank news stories in the past, and have no plans to breakout from that tradition this year. All news stories posted on our site today are real.

I see what you did there ;)

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010
RunKeeper for iPad isn't that funny, because I've see even stupider real life iPad accessories before.

MJedi

macrumors 6502a
Dec 16, 2010
I enjoyed that teardown of the Orange. Well-played, iFixit. :D

GREEN4U

macrumors 6502a
Mar 24, 2010
Would've been more convincing if they didn't get Rachmaninoff to play Jony Ive.

imgonephishin

macrumors regular
Jan 3, 2003
OK. I usually hate April fool's day jokes. That's because most of them aren't actually funny jokes. So many people think that it's "humor" to simply lie and say something like, "OMG. Tim Cook is leaving Apple to become CEO of Dell." That's not humor--that's just pathetic.

BUT... that iFixIt teardown of an orange--now that was funny. Make sure you get to the conclusion when they assign it a 0/10 repairability and list the reasons.

manu chao

macrumors 604
Jul 30, 2003

swarmster

macrumors 6502a
Jun 1, 2004
See, this is the annoying part about April Fools: fake products that you wish were real.

I mean, sure, RunKeeper for iPad is absurd, but there are probably a lot of Android phone owners out there that would like to have that enormous chest strap for their new phones.

Rocco83

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2011
Don't forget to bring your condoms...

Nice.

I'm going to be mad if Apple gets into gaming and their big release title is going to be Angry Birds though...

lifeinhd

macrumors 65816
Mar 26, 2008

I dunno, I seem to recall a "page 2" story a few years back where you announced Apple was grouping Classical and Country music together in the iTMS or something to that effect... just can't find it :eek:

itickings

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2007
I'm waiting for RunKeeper for Mac Pro.

Not a bad idea! Running around with a Mac Pro would be a very good workout, especially considering that you would need to carry either a very long extension cord or a capable UPS.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.