Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Last month, comedy site Funny or Die announced that it will be releasing iSteve, a 60-75 minute movie based on the life of Steve Jobs, on April 15. The film stars Justin Long, who gained fame among Apple fans for playing the role of "Mac" in the popular "Get a Mac" advertising campaign, in the role of Jobs.

isteve_long.jpg
With less than two weeks to go before the film's debut, Funny or Die has now released a teaser trailer for iSteve. The 90-second trailer offers only a brief glimpse of Long as Jobs, instead opting for a focus on audio clips from the film.

iSteve is just one of three films focusing on Steve Jobs due for release, with Ashton Kutcher's Jobs having premiered at the Sundance Film Festival in January but experiencing a delayed public release and Aaron Sorkin's Sony-backed film drawing on material from Walter Isaacson's authorized biography of Jobs yet to begin production.

Article Link: Funny or Die Releases Teaser Trailer for 'iSteve'

O and A

macrumors regular
Jul 22, 2002
New York City
I think it looks kind of funny. But not sure if it mad send to make it so long.

A fake trailer probably would have been enough.

MacDarcy

macrumors 65816
Jul 21, 2011
Is that suppose to be Steve Jobs or actor Bob Balaban? Lol.

Last edited:

iGrip

macrumors 68000
Jul 1, 2010
From what I've seen, this is likely to be the best if the three movies about The Steve.

lotzosushi

macrumors 6502
Jan 10, 2007
They should have released this yesterday for April Fools. Would have been perfect.

Meandmunch

macrumors 6502
Jan 3, 2002
Without seeing the final product I am not sure how to react to this. Is it a spoof? Is it supposed to be funny, is it serious? The trailer doesn't come across funny at all, more like a cheesy drama.

OlMighty

macrumors member
May 18, 2012
iSteve is still a good title, thought that back in January:

[/COLOR]
iJobs or iSteve would be just as stupid. "Jobs" sounds more solid and less "iToy."

Nahh, I quite like iSteve - it's closer to "I, Steve", like I, Claudius etc.

jOBS just looks like someone left their caps lock on.

jclardy

macrumors 601
Oct 6, 2008
Is this supposed to be a comedy? Because the trailer wasn't that funny...The long list of adjectives was the best part, but still not that great.

r0k

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2008
Detroit
I've gotten to watch 2 commercials whose combined length is longer than the trailer. Why are they using adobe flash? Why doesn't the trailer play after I've watched two freakin' commercials? Whatever it is, I doubt it's funny enough for me to watch any more commercials in the hope it will eventually play. :mad:

benspratling

macrumors 6502
Jan 16, 2006
I'm a big fan of Justin Long, but this doesn't seem like a great idea. ...yet... I'm pretty sure I'll still end up seeing it.

Sardonick007

macrumors regular
May 18, 2011
Long looks better suited to play Gates. I don't have much hope for the quality of this movie.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.