Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

laryenhilllvr

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 29, 2012
NYC
While i really do prefer to use os native apps, i'm not too impressed with the mail app. it's convenient to have it already installed and what not, but it gets annoying that I get messages on my ipad and iPhone before it arrives in the mail app inbox. I'm considering getting a different app, does anyone have any suggestions?

Also, i'm wondering if it's possible to change my iCloud account screename/ email. The one I presently have isn't very professional as I made it back in high school and I would like to use my .me email address for professional matters in the future.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
You can try the free app Thunderbird.

On my machine Mail app gets iCloud mail instantly. You might try deleting the account from Mail app then adding it back with default settings to make sure everything is set properly.

On your email address, login to your account at icloud.com and in the mail prefs you can add a new alias email address with whatever name you want. Then in Mail app it will show both the real and alias addresses and you can send from either.

laryenhilllvr

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 29, 2012
NYC
thank you for the help.

so i think i managed to erase my old account (which was a .me) and changed it to .icloud either way, i should be fine i tried sending both messages and they showed up.

i'm not having troubles with either of the mac specific email accounts, it's my yahoo email address that's causing most of the problems.

aprncn

macrumors newbie
Apr 9, 2013
apple ID & iCloud email address

Hi,
I am a bit confused about iCloud email address. I am new to this and on my iPhone I message asked me about this iClod email. What is the use of it if I have already an apple id which is my own email address. Can somebody explain what is the best use to set up iCloud?

Thank you for your help

Andrea

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.