Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JessyWolf

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 5, 2013
I wanted to restore my iPhone and when I saw that is said update available I was hoping that I don't update it and that it will return to the older version I had which was 6.1.2 and keep IOS 6.1.2 even though I had installed IOS 6.1.3 on my iPhone and when I clicked next it updated by itself and I did not want it to update so I clicked on cancel so it stopped the restore. I just wanna know if it is possible to restore you iPhone with iTunes without updating. Any help greatly appreciated.

Missjenna

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2010
Washington
I wanted to restore my iPhone and when I saw that is said update available I was hoping that I don't update it and that it will return to the older version I had which was 6.1.2 and keep IOS 6.1.2 even though I had installed IOS 6.1.3 on my iPhone and when I clicked next it updated by itself and I did not want it to update so I clicked on cancel so it stopped the restore. I just wanna know if it is possible to restore you iPhone with iTunes without updating. Any help greatly appreciated.

You cannot restore an iphone 4s with 6.1.2. 6.1.3 is your only option.

roxxette

macrumors 68000
Aug 9, 2011

Settings--->General--->Reset--->Erase all content and settings; Done.

If you are jailbroken do not try, the phone will end on loop and you will have to DFU restore on itunes.

JessyWolf

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 5, 2013
Settings--->General--->Reset--->Erase all content and settings; Done.

If you are jailbroken do not try, the phone will end on loop and you will have to DFU restore on itunes.
It is not jailbroken and I updated it to IOS 6.1.3 without purpose because I just got it yesterday and there was stuff saved on it and I wanted to remove it and when I realized my mistake i went on iTunes and pressed the restore button and there was a popup saying software update "Save, Next, Cancel" i though that when i click next it wont install this update and I can chose if I want to install it or not later on, and it will get me back to 6.1.2 which I can jailbreak but when I clicked on next it updated by itself so I clicked cancel and It stopped the restore. You sure this will get me back to 6.1.2 and erase that update that was made? Please Reply

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
It is not jailbroken and I updated it to IOS 6.1.3 without purpose because I just got it yesterday and there was stuff saved on it and I wanted to remove it and when I realized my mistake i went on iTunes and pressed the restore button and there was a popup saying software update "Save, Next, Cancel" i though that when i click next it wont install this update and I can chose if I want to install it or not later on, and it will get me back to 6.1.2 which I can jailbreak but when I clicked on next it updated by itself so I clicked cancel and It stopped the restore. You sure this will get me back to 6.1.2 and erase that update that was made? Please Reply

If you have already updated to 6.1.3, there is no way to go back. You are stuck on 6.1.3.

JessyWolf

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 5, 2013
If you have already updated to 6.1.3, there is no way to go back. You are stuck on 6.1.3.
So i can't do anything about it? Every time i try to restore it will just automatically update to IOS 6.1.3 and I can never go back to 6.1.2?

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Sigh.... I guess I will never be able to jailbreak it v.v

Not for a while. The devs have said they are not attempting to jailbreak 6.1.3, so we will likely not see a jailbreak until iOS 7, and even then it will takes months after that is released for a jailbreak to be out. So probably looking at at least 7-10 months away.

JessyWolf

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 5, 2013
Not for a while. The devs have said they are not attempting to jailbreak 6.1.3, so we will likely not see a jailbreak until iOS 7, and even then it will takes months after that is released for a jailbreak to be out. So probably looking at at least 7-10 months away.
Oh god >,< That is so long ! I guess im just gonna live with it for now, there is nothing I can do lol :p

roxxette

macrumors 68000
Aug 9, 2011
So i can't do anything about it? Every time i try to restore it will just automatically update to IOS 6.1.3 and I can never go back to 6.1.2?

Its not like it updates everytime you restore :) but yes i doubt whe gonna see another jailbreak anytime soon :(

Its a real shame.

Tangopro

macrumors newbie
Jul 24, 2012
I have a 4S on 6.1.2 (did not update to 6.1.3) and I'm trying to do a clean restore to the same 6.1.2 firmware. Trying to use TU TSS server but getting various errors from iTunes.

Whats not clear after doing some research is whether this is possible or not? Some say YES (and have had success). Some say no because it is a 4S. Remember, not trying to downgrade, just perform a clean restore to the same 6.1.2 firmware. Appreciate any hlp. Thx...

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
I have a 4S on 6.1.2 (did not update to 6.1.3) and I'm trying to do a clean restore to the same 6.1.2 firmware. Trying to use TU TSS server but getting various errors from iTunes.

Whats not clear after doing some research is whether this is possible or not? Some say YES (and have had success). Some say no because it is a 4S. Remember, not trying to downgrade, just perform a clean restore to the same 6.1.2 firmware. Appreciate any hlp. Thx...

No, it is not possible with a 4S, unfortunately.

Tangopro

macrumors newbie
Jul 24, 2012
Well, that's that. My 4S is hopelessly gimped due to a bad JB app (thank you Jay Freeman for not including a comment system in Cydia like Rock which could provide a warning mechanism to 1000's of users and devs daily when an app update goes horribly wrong, kinda like Apple's App store and it's comment system?) and I refuse to go stock iOS! HTC ONE™, here I come!!

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Well, that's that. My 4S is hopelessly gimped due to a bad JB app (thank you Jay Freeman for not including a comment system in Cydia like Rock which could provide a warning mechanism to 1000's of users and devs daily when an app update goes horribly wrong, kinda like Apple's App store and it's comment system?) and I refuse to go stock iOS! HTC ONE™, here I come!!

I know, its Sauriks and everyone else's fault but not yours:rolleyes:
Bye bye....

JessyWolf

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 5, 2013
Oh Well if you guys say there will be a Jailbreak on IOS 7 then I guess we are gonna have to wait. I hope this speeds up. I should not have updated it >_< Well lets hope there WILL be a jailbreak sooner or later because we really need this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.