Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Midas2

macrumors member
Apr 23, 2011
I have an iPhone 4.

Is it possible to downgrade from 6.13 to 6.12 ?

And if yes, what is the method ?

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
I have an iPhone 4.

Is it possible to downgrade from 6.13 to 6.12 ?

And if yes, what is the method ?

The chances are slim for you to downgrade to 6.1.2 if you didn't manually save your shsh blobs. However, you have a chance to downgrade to 5.1.1 for untethered jailbreak

Download the latest version of iFaith (v1.5.6) and run it. Plug in your iPhone 4 and click "show available shsh caches on server". If it finds you have 6.1.2 blobs, save them.

See if it marks it as valid or not. If yes, you can stitch the shsh blobs to a 6.1.2 ipsw. Do you rely on a software unlock? (I'm not sure if this will update the baseband)

If its not valid, do the same and save your 5.1.1 blobs. And stitch that with the 5.1.1 ipsw. Again, I'm not sure if this will update the baseband

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Thanks, but i have a MaC not a PC. iFaith is only for Windows, i hoppe

IFaith is currently the only program to PROPERLY check if iOS 6 blobs are valid or not.
Use tinyumbrella and get your 5.1.1 shsh blobs if cydia has them. Download redsn0w and you can stitch the shsh blobs to a 5.1.1 ipsw

Midas2

macrumors member
Apr 23, 2011
I have saved my shsh blobs by using tinyumbrella

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2013-04-06 à 23.49.31.png
    Capture d’écran 2013-04-06 à 23.49.31.png
    24.2 KB · Views: 316

redbeard331

macrumors 68030
Jul 21, 2009
My iPhone 5 got stuck on the boot logo last night, I can't get anything to work to fix it, so it looks like my only option is to restore and lose the jailbreak until iOS7??? That's ridiculous.. Ugh...

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
My iPhone 5 got stuck on the boot logo last night, I can't get anything to work to fix it, so it looks like my only option is to restore and lose the jailbreak until iOS7??? That's ridiculous.. Ugh...

did you try booting up holding volume up and see if that helps?

And if your only option left is to restore, then yes, you can only restore to 6.1.3 and wait for the iOS 7 jailbreak which is pretty far away

redbeard331

macrumors 68030
Jul 21, 2009
did you try booting up holding volume up and see if that helps?

And if your only option left is to restore, then yes, you can only restore to 6.1.3 and wait for the iOS 7 jailbreak which is pretty far away

Yea I tried the volume up method probably 20 times now with no luck...

Can't imagine going back to stock until next winter with iOS7!!

Makes me seriously think about getting an HTC one..

TheShadowXX

macrumors regular
Sep 29, 2012

get an Android, or buy a used iPhone 5 with iOS 6.1.2 or lower.

Those are your only 2 options :/

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
Yea I tried the volume up method probably 20 times now with no luck...

Can't imagine going back to stock until next winter with iOS7!!

Makes me seriously think about getting an HTC one..

Weird, make sure you're doing it right. I've done it on a few phones with a bunch of bad tweaks and every time it forced it into safe mode and booted properly each time.

redbeard331

macrumors 68030
Jul 21, 2009
Weird, make sure you're doing it right. I've done it on a few phones with a bunch of bad tweaks and every time it forced it into safe mode and booted properly each time.

I've tried dozens of times now, everytime I reboot it it looks like its starting up normally but then the Apple logo goes dim, and it stays that way, left it like that overnight until the battery went dead. After charging it this morning and it restarted, it went right back into the dim Apple logo mode.. Not sure what else to do.

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
I've tried dozens of times now, everytime I reboot it it looks like its starting up normally but then the Apple logo goes dim, and it stays that way, left it like that overnight until the battery went dead. After charging it this morning and it restarted, it went right back into the dim Apple logo mode.. Not sure what else to do.

what was the thing you did that caused this boot loop? did you install a tweak and needed to respring?

araje

macrumors regular
Apr 15, 2012
So, I will be working from a different country for few months. I am told that the moment I put in a local SIM card, my iMessage and FaceTime will stop working since a local SIM card will configure me for local servers and I have my phone configured here in the US.
My friends tell me you have to reset everything (all data and settings).

I heard and read that with evasion I cannot do that. No resetting as it will just get stuck up. I only have to restore.

If this is true I don't think I can do a restore of 6.1.2 from iTunes. So if all of this is true, I will lose my JB.

Is any of the above incorrect ? I so hope that I am incorrect.

redbeard331

macrumors 68030
Jul 21, 2009
what was the thing you did that caused this boot loop? did you install a tweak and needed to respring?

Nope, I was just rebooting it after installing a new icon, nothing that should cause problems..

It's eye opening going back to a stock iPhone, iOS is really really dated and stale, feels like I'm using a dumb phone. It's driving me nuts already...

ratmgr

macrumors newbie
Apr 9, 2013
iPad 2

Can an iPad 2 be downgraded from 6.1.3 to 6.1 (I have the SHSH blobs). Sorry to ask if the question, but everyone keeps saying the iPhone 4S and higher can not be downgraded, but the iPad 2 came out before the 4S so I'm a bit confused)

And before you ask why did i upgrade? I dropped the iPad and had to take it in to the Apple store for repairs and was forced to upgrade in order to have the store look at it

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Can an iPad 2 be downgraded from 6.1.3 to 6.1 (I have the SHSH blobs). Sorry to ask if the question, but everyone keeps saying the iPhone 4S and higher can not be downgraded, but the iPad 2 came out before the 4S so I'm a bit confused)

And before you ask why did i upgrade? I dropped the iPad and had to take it in to the Apple store for repairs and was forced to upgrade in order to have the store look at it

No.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.