Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iVoid

macrumors 65816
Jan 9, 2007
Maybe:

iPhone 5S with the same sized screen as the 5.

iPhone 5S with a 5" screen (same ratio and resolution as the 5 display, so no software changes needed).

iPhone 5S with a 7" iPad mini screen (plus runs the iPad iOS).

g0odfr1end102

macrumors 6502
Dec 5, 2010
Montreal, Canada
"Topeka Capital Markets analyst..."

Aaaaaaand I'm done here.

----------

Maybe:

iPhone 5S with the same sized screen as the 5.

iPhone 5S with a 5" screen (same ratio and resolution as the 5 display, so no software changes needed).

iPhone 5S with a 7" iPad mini screen (plus runs the iPad iOS).

7" iPad Mini screen? Really? I mean, really, REALLY, REALLY ?

irfaanfaki

macrumors member
Jan 11, 2013
If apple do make a bigger screen iPhone, in my opinion it will be marketed as "designed to be used with 2 hands" or something along that lines. Phil Schiller thrashing Galaxy for taking a one handed device and blowing it up then shows off new iPhone with software enhancements for 2 handed use :D

Still waiting in iveOS 7 tho

dvoros

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2010
screen size variables

It would only make sense for Apple to release the next version of the iPhone in its minimalist 4 inch screen and a new model with a 5 inch screen that consumers are clamoring for. Thats why they won't do it!:mad:

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Nov 26, 2007
I wouldn't go so far as say I won't buy the next iPhone if this happens, but if it does, I will be convinced that Apple is doomed to repeat the mistakes they made the first time Jobs was gone, and this time he won't be coming back to save them (Unless any of us forum posters who clearly know how Apple aught to be run somehow become CEO of Apple, of course.)

brimmy

macrumors newbie
Jun 4, 2010
If this were to be true, I only hope that those who don't want to get the largest screen size available aren't penalised in terms of other specs.

M-O

macrumors 6502a
Mar 15, 2011
they should have a 3.5" and a 5". 3.5" is perfect for me, but i know some older and/or larger people who have trouble with it. a larger phone would be good for them.

jnkatriya

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2012
Apple must need to release iPhone with full HD screen size support to compete to Android devices. Otherwise not sure how they will justify to users without it when they will release new device.

nippyjun

macrumors 68000
Jul 26, 2007
They need a larger size to stay competitive. They would be foolish if they don't do it. 2 sizes, not 3.

iVoid

macrumors 65816
Jan 9, 2007
7" iPad Mini screen? Really? I mean, really, REALLY, REALLY ?

Yes, why not? I wouldn't want to hold it up to my ear to talk (and hopefully Apple wouldn't set it up to be used like that), but with a headset or bluetooth headset, why not have a iPad mini sized device with full phone capabilities that can be your sole mobile device?

I don't have an iPad for just that reason: I don't want to carry my phone and an iPad around.

Born Again

Suspended
May 12, 2011
Norcal
Not this time around. There will be a 5S that will look identical to the 5 with minor spec bumps, and possibly a new feature. That's it for next release. If u believe anything else, you will be highly dissappointed.

Maybe for the 6 we'll get a screen increase. And thats a BIG maybe. But no way this fall.

Agreed

We'll get a very incremental upgrade

"This is our best iphone yet !"

;)

Tankmaze

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2012
3 screen sizes x 3 different capacity (16-64 gb) x 2 colors... So its 18 combination. Yea,
Can't really see this happening. Not simple enough.

Speedy2

macrumors 65816
Nov 19, 2008
I love the size of my current phone but I do not want more choices.

So everybody else shouldn't have the choice either?

----------

Steve Jobs already rolled in his grave when the ipad mini came out, how many more times is he gonna have to roll in his grave?

It's pretty obvious, to anyone with a little insight into product development cycles at least, that the iPad Mini project must have started quite some time before SJ died.

nick_elt

macrumors 68000
Oct 28, 2011
Call me close minded but I do not see Apple doing this! Maybe it's because I love the size of my current phone but I do not want more choices.

oh look its pezj, Apples largest shareholder and he doesnt want anymore choices, sorry consumers not this year!

SockRolid

macrumors 68000
Jan 5, 2010
Almost Rock Solid
His prediction also conflicts with claims made by a number of other sources, including reliable KGI Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo ...

Part of the reason why there are so many conflicting predictions is because men are just plain competitive. We're always trying to out-do each other in some way, including being the first to predict some wacky future. And that includes male analysts. And most analysts are male.

Women analysts, on the other hand, statistically seem to be more concerned with accuracy. And it shows:

http://www.techrepublic.com/whitepapers/self-selection-and-the-forecasting-abilities-of-female-equity-analysts/1903609

Ventilatedbrain

macrumors regular
Nov 22, 2012
I cannot believe the amount of idiocy and closed mindedness in this forum .. how the ******* does it affect you if apple released 2 screen sizes ??? Steve jobs rolled over what ???

Grow up people , you sound like parrots just regurgitating other people's ideas claiming you believe in them ..

I dismissed the idea of a 7" iPad .. But I actually went out and bought one as it changed my concept of smaller tablets and apparantly, they are selling by the ton ..

If you lot were so smart wouldn't you be running your own successful companies by now ??

I'm sorry if I came a bit to strong but I'm really trying to find a forum/website where half of its users aren't retarded and shout down every idea like they know what the hell they are talking about

1.No Steve jobs wasn't God
2.tim cook is doing a very good job . He's not an inspirer ,he's someone who gets the job done
3.please refrain from using "INNOVATION". You barely know what it means , and none of us know what innovation is if it slapped us in the face

/rantoff

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.