Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

iphone_5_lte-250x215.jpg
Topeka analyst Brian White today issued a new research note summarizing his thoughts on the phone he calls the iPhone 5S, expected to be released this summer. Most notably, he seems to have reversed his prior assertion that the next iPhone will have multiple screen sizes, noting that at a trade show in China there was a consensus amongst his sources that the screen size will be unchanged from the iPhone 5.

He claims the left side volume and mute buttons will be arranged differently, in line with a parts leak from yesterday, and says the rumored fingerprint technology will be the differentiating feature for the 5S, like what Siri was to the 4S.

White also shares some additional thoughts about the rumored cheaper iPhone he expects this summer:
Strangely enough, the lower-priced iPhone is still being called the "iPhone mini"; however, the general consensus (albeit a few disagreed and expect a slightly smaller screen) was that this new device would actually have the same screen size (i.e., 4-inches) as the iPhone 5. However, the "iPhone mini" will have a curved back casing made of colored plastic and will be thicker than the iPhone 5. We also learned the pricing could be a bit higher than our recently raised expectation, reaching as high as $400.
The picture around this summer's iPhone releases should continue to come into focus as we see more hardware leaks and get closer to the expected launch.

Article Link: Analyst: iPhone 5S Will Have Larger Camera, New Fingerprint Technology, Same Screen Size

syavno

macrumors member
Apr 13, 2008
This is getting annoying. We know this already! Who is paying these analysts to reveal old information?

Premium1

macrumors 65816
Jan 26, 2013
So what they have been saying since day 1? Man I need to get one of these "analyst jobs" they are worse than weathermen

Nebulance

macrumors 6502
Mar 11, 2010
If it's a so-called 'cheaper' iPhone, then why is it more expensive than the standard $200 for the low-end flagship model? That doesn't make any sense.

bobbytallant

macrumors 6502
Apr 6, 2010
Haven't we had this exact 'story', with the same headline, containing the same info, from what seems like the exact same individuals that are no more qualified than we are to 'guess' what the next iPhone is going to be? Yawn, can't the iPhone 6 wind up in a bar or something..

Premium1

macrumors 65816
Jan 26, 2013
[/COLOR]
If it's a so-called 'cheaper' iPhone, then why is it more expensive than the standard $200 for the low-end flagship model? That doesn't make any sense.

because this is off contract. the $200 is with a contract which isn't the model in many places in the world.

Tankmaze

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2012
He claims the left side volume and mute buttons will be arranged differently

pfft he said that because he saw the part leak. and revise his so called research note.

these analyst knowledge are no different than most of MR members, except kuo.

DarkWinter

macrumors member
Feb 29, 2012
So the iPhone 'Mini' will have the same 4" screen as the 5 and will in fact be be thicker too. Hardly anything mini about it then if that were true.

andy9l

macrumors 68000
Aug 31, 2009
England, UK
Looks like I'm keeping my S3 for another year then. Damn. That said, if iOS7 pulls iOS out of the dark ages, I may indeed get one! The 5 does look incredible, there's no denying.

kmanmx

macrumors 6502
Feb 25, 2011
UK
Strangely enough, the lower-priced iPhone is still being called the "iPhone mini"; however, the general consensus (albeit a few disagreed and expect a slightly smaller screen) was that this new device would actually have the same screen size (i.e., 4-inches) as the iPhone 5. However, the "iPhone mini" will have a curved back casing made of colored plastic and will be thicker than the iPhone 5.

Does anyone else find this ridiculous ?

So apparently the Mini will have the same size screen actually have a larger body. And yet it's called the Mini.

What a load of...

batmccoy

macrumors regular
Aug 2, 2005
Come on, let's all get together and agree to not read these STUPID analyst guesses anymore. And, stop posting the stories...geez.

They have read all the rumors we have read...and then write "conclusions" based on rumors so we can read it here again. Fascinating job. Not.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.