Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

slffl

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 5, 2003
Seattle, WA
I just noticed that when trying to comment in the facebook app on the iPad mini, the keyboard pops up over the comments, and I'm unable to see what I'm typing.

However, on the iPad 3 it works like it should, the comments move to the top of the keyboard and I can see what I'm typing.

Does anyone else have this issue?

RadDave

macrumors regular
Apr 6, 2013
North Carolina
I just noticed that when trying to comment in the facebook app on the iPad mini, the keyboard pops up over the comments, and I'm unable to see what I'm typing.

However, on the iPad 3 it works like it should, the comments move to the top of the keyboard and I can see what I'm typing.

Does anyone else have this issue?

Hello, if not already tried - press & hold the keyboard icon at the bottom right edge - a 2-choice dialog box should appear: 1) Split or 2) Undock - slide to your choice - e.g. 'undock' will move the on-screen KB to the middle of the screen - to return, repeat the action and select the dock choice. Good luck & let us know if this solves your issue - of course, a BT keyboard does wonders! :)

slffl

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 5, 2003
Seattle, WA
Hello, if not already tried - press & hold the keyboard icon at the bottom right edge - a 2-choice dialog box should appear: 1) Split or 2) Undock - slide to your choice - e.g. 'undock' will move the on-screen KB to the middle of the screen - to return, repeat the action and select the dock choice. Good luck & let us know if this solves your issue - of course, a BT keyboard does wonders! :)

Yes I already did this as a work around, but I was wondering if it's an issue with the Facebook app, or if there's some weird bug just on my iPad mini. I guess I'll try rebooting and reinstalling the app. Otherwise it's probably a facebook app issue that they will never fix.

Sydde

macrumors 68030
Aug 17, 2009
IOKWARDI
No, Facebook.app has become intolerable, ugly garbage. On my iPad 1, it has decided it wants to be in portrait, and crashes half the time, and it just crashed for no good reason on my mini. Right now, the best app for facebook is a thing called Fera, which really is quite nice.

RadDave

macrumors regular
Apr 6, 2013
North Carolina
No, Facebook.app has become intolerable, ugly garbage. On my iPad 1, it has decided it wants to be in portrait, and crashes half the time, and it just crashed for no good reason on my mini. Right now, the best app for facebook is a thing called Fera, which really is quite nice.

Using an iPad 2 and also really dislike the FB app - usually go to that site on my laptop - now I'm not an avid user, so a check in the morning & the evening are enough for me - I've not heard of Fera, so will take a look!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.