Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

NewImage4.png
Intuit Chairman Bill Campbell has been on Apple's Board of Directors since Steve Jobs took over as CEO in 1997. In a town hall meeting at Intuit headquarters, Campbell spoke with Intuit CEO Brad Smith about a number of topics including how to make a product great, what makes the best managers, and more.

Looking towards the future, Campbell didn't mention future Apple products specifically, but he did point to another new product -- Google Glass -- as a blueprint for the future. From Bloomberg Businessweek:
Campbell did tell the audience to expect to see "a lot of things going on with the application of technology to really intimate things." He pointed to Google Glass as one such intimate object. "It's a phenomenal breakthrough," he said. "When you start to think about glasses or watches, they become as intimate as the cell phone was."
Campbell also praised Tony Fadell's Nest thermostat, as well saying technology managers should act as "editors", mentioning Steve Jobs and Twitter cofounder Jack Dorsey specifically.

Apple is reported to be working on a smart watch, exactly the sort of "intimate" device that Campbell is referring to.

Article Link: Longtime Apple Board Member Bill Campbell Says Technology Coming to 'Intimate Objects'

kytiger

macrumors member
Jul 20, 2011
Campbell should worry about Intuit

Intuit products have been going downhill. Hey Bill....how about decent version of Quicken for Mac?

UnfetteredMind

macrumors 6502
Jun 6, 2012
Intuit products have been going downhill. Hey Bill....how about decent version of Quicken for Mac?

I wonder how many others like me moved on to other products like iBank? I gave up when Quicken broke with no Rosetta (Lion). How long had they had at that point to move it to Cocoa? Ridiculous.

BC2009

macrumors 68020
Jul 1, 2009
I wonder how many others like me moved on to other products like iBank? I gave up when Quicken broke with no Rosetta (Lion). How long had they had at that point to move it to Cocoa? Ridiculous.

When I got my iMac in 2009, I briefly tried Quicken via VMWare and gave up on that. I then downloaded and used iBank for a while, but finally switched to MoneyWell to meet my needs. Quicken lost me as a customer for failing to keep up with the current decade.

eRondeau

macrumors 65816
Mar 3, 2004
Canada's South Coast
Just wait... Apple will insist that 4.5" is the perfect size, then next year they'll make one that 5" and it'll be available in white or black. Meanwhile Samsung will make one that's way too big but it'll still sell well because it looks better on the shelves. Not to be outdone, Blackberry will eventually make a version that is the best of the bunch but nobody will care because they've already grown attached to a competitor that was first to market.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
Wow MR is really scraping the bottom of the barrel for "news" these days. Unless the thought is an Apple board member praising Google Glass will get some clicks.

smileyborg

macrumors 6502
May 12, 2009
Campbell should worry about Intuit

Yeah, he should be really worried about Intuit. :rolleyes:
INTU
Screen_Shot_2013_04_12_at_5_02_10_PM.png

(Disclaimer: I work for Intuit. Was at this town hall meeting in person, too.)

Satori

macrumors 6502a
Jun 22, 2006
London
In that photo his smile looks as if he might have been enjoying the benefits of an intimate idevice as he posed! :eek::)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.