Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sinser

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 16, 2003
Hello,
I've been using Dropbox for years and I've always thought that files on Dropbox account take no space on the iPad, unless they are marked as favorite so that they are available for offline reading. Apparently I was wrong or I'm missing something. I just noticed that I still can access some files on my iPad (files that apparently I already opened before) even without Internet connection, so obviously they are on the device mass memory. Why ??? How do I know which files are taking space on the iPad, and how do I remove them from the device without removing them from the Dropbox account ? Thanks a lot.

sinser

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 16, 2003
Yes, I have had the same problem on my iPad as well. Unfortunately, I think iPad somehow keeps a track on what we open on our Dropbox and just lets it stay in its memory even after we close it.

Yes. I asked on the Dropbox forums too and it looks like once you open a file it gets downloaded but is deleted automatically from the iPad after a certain amount of days of not being used. I noticed that Skydrive and Google Drive work exactly the same.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.