Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JobSteves

macrumors member
Feb 9, 2013
I got the white because it's basically apple's signature color and because of the sea of boring, bland, black tablets.

ChazUK

macrumors 603
Feb 3, 2008
Essex (UK)
We already have a white iPad 2 so I went for the black iPad Mini with the red smart cover and couldn't be happier.

The black on red really does look slick!:D

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
I prefer the white but then I have gone a bit mad on white. I have a white iPad mini, a white iPod touch 5G, a white galaxy note and a white galaxy tab. I think it goes back to the times when I got the iPhone 3G and 4. I wanted I white version and couldn't get one. So now I get white at all opportunities. I would get pink versions if I could. All my devices end up in pink cases anyway !!

Fattytail

macrumors 6502a
Apr 11, 2012
It looks like poor taste. I believe "tacky" is an appropriate adjective for what I think about it. Shininess is for cars and jewelry, not electronic equipment.

Uh, OK. You and your random style pointers. I think the white looks fantastic. And it doesn't show fingerprints like the black, which is my main reason for getting it.

DesertEagle

macrumors 6502a
Jan 10, 2012
/home @ 127.0.0.1
Uh, OK. You and your random style pointers. I think the white looks fantastic. And it doesn't show fingerprints like the black, which is my main reason for getting it.

To each his own, personal preference is arbitrary (hence the randomness of style pointers). I think the white one would look great, especially if it doesn't show fingerprints, had it not been for that tacky silver-logo on the back. I do like the white bezel around the screen.

chrisrosemusic1

macrumors 6502a
Jan 31, 2012
Northamptonshire, England
I went for white - way more striking and the black one definitely marks easily, just like the phone. A friend of mine has had theirs in a folio case since they got it and the back has a scratched print of the fold over tab where it's rubbed.

I've always preferred iPads in white though - to me it looks more natural.

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
Hate the back of the black, hate the front on the white. Did not like the display on either.

Got the 4 and spent more money. :eek:

Last edited:

Mooey

macrumors regular
Feb 8, 2007
I couldn't wait any longer for the iPad Mini 2 so I opted for the Black. It was difficult for me because I LOVE the back of the white one but hate the white front with the silver bezel.

I realized after much thought that I'll be looking at the front 99% of the time and not the back so that pretty much nailed my decision.

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
Damn, I had the red cover in my cart but opted for the light gray. That looks SEXY. Looks like I'll have to take it to the Apple store and exchange it once my stuff is delivered.

I think the red is a leather cover and sells for more unless I am confusing it with another one, maybe the larger ipad.

mrmarts

macrumors 65816
Feb 6, 2009
Melbourne Australia
I have never owned a white portable apple gadget all my phones and tablets are in black so my next ipad whether mini or 5 will be in black again. White is bland if we had a choice of choosing other colours like red, neon green, yellow, orange and blue than i might change colours.

Ann P

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2009
California
Had a black ipad 1 so I went with white this time. White and silver just looks gorgeous. Black is too boring for me.

vmaniqui

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2013
California
+1. The white one looks like more clean.

me too. i had the black one and out of the box it has a big scratch by the bottom bezel and a small one on the left side. i thought i could live with the scratches but decided to return it and got a white one instead.

Serban

Suspended
Jan 8, 2013
I have never owned a white portable apple gadget all my phones and tablets are in black so my next ipad whether mini or 5 will be in black again. White is bland if we had a choice of choosing other colours like red, neon green, yellow, orange and blue than i might change colours.
The ipads until now except the mini were black only on front...the back is also grey to white. So...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.