Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TH55

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 5, 2011
Is anyone else experiencing this black bar that says "Words With Friends" in white at the top? It appears shortly after opening the app and making a move or opening games. It takes up a big chunk of the screen and makes the board much smaller! Wtf??! Why do they keep messing with stuff that was good the way it was?

TH55

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 5, 2011
Id do have WFF and the latest version with no problems.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2
Open the app and open and exit a few games and pay close attention and tell me you don't see the black bar at the top? When a game is opened, it is all black and says "games" on the far left w a back arrow

Zmanbaseball2

macrumors 68040
Aug 24, 2012
New York, USA
Open the app and open and exit a few games and pay close attention and tell me you don't see the black bar at the top? When a game is opened, it is all black and says "games" on the far left w a back arrow

Take some pics and use the tapatalk image editor to show me what you talking about. Im so confused

TH55

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 5, 2011
Take some pics and use the tapatalk image editor to show me what you talking about. Im so confused

I don't have tapatalk but I will post a screen cap when I get home on my desktop

TH55

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 5, 2011

Open the app, play for a short period of time and then observe the black bar that appears at the top of the screen and shrinks the game board down to a square. It will say Words With Friends in white.

Wicked1

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2009
New Jersey
no problem, just seems slower, I agree they have a habbit of making this thing worse with every release.

They need better QA as a Developer my customers would scream if we put apps out like that.

TH55

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 5, 2011
no problem, just seems slower, I agree they have a habbit of making this thing worse with every release.

They need better QA as a Developer my customers would scream if we put apps out like that.

Yes, I HATE that! How can one of the most popular apps have such poor quality control??

----------

You try removing and reinstalling the app?

Yeah

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.