Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

arefbe

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2010
I've bought mine on November 2. No hardware issues, just a software issue that was resolved by a Restore.

Glideslope

macrumors 604
Dec 7, 2007
The Adirondacks.
Launch Day. 16g. No scratches from disgruntled Chinese Employes. No warped case from sitting with it in my back pocket. No hairline glass fractures from dropping it. I do utilize an Otter Box Commuter.

Bottom line. Flawless. :apple:

kaylerrific

macrumors regular
Dec 26, 2012
I've had mine for several months now and am still loving it. No problems at all. Anecdotally, a friend of mine bought one that turned out to have a large piece of dust inside the camera lens. She took it back to Apple and they replaced it immediately. We're both happy campers.

tboyd37

macrumors member
Dec 26, 2012
brownsville pa
got mine in December returned it 3 days after getting it speaker cutting in and out.... Replacement had been perfect since the moment I got it :D

mapledress

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2013
Get one Since December 25, 2012, but haven't had any problems so far. It is amazing and enjoyable.

heyitsfez

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2012
Got mine on Christmas. Unlocked 32GB, black on AT&T Gophone. Returned and exchanged once because it came with scuffs out of the box. Took it once to the Genius bar because there was dust inside the camera a few weeks. Thankfully, to my surprise I didn't have to get it replaced and the genius did a really good job at getting that debris, and my photos look better. So it is possible for those with camera issues to get your lens cleaned/replaced without replacing the entire device. Anyway, I discovered a stuck pixel in my display and I'm contemplating on taking my device to the Genius Bar again. I'm trying to wait, hopefully i can get a replacement that supports T-Mobile's band for 3G as I'm thinking of ditching GoPhone.

Edwin001

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2012
Had mine since October, but my lock button is messing up. I have to press it multiple times so my phone can lock. Sometimes it works perfectly but then at times it starts acting up.

CEmajr

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Charlotte, NC
Verizon iPhone 5 32gb black
Since December

No issues. LTE all over. Very fast performance. Just hate that there is no simultaneous talk/surf

adztaylor

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2009
Preston, UK
Got mine on launch day. Works perfectly. Couple of marks but nothing I'm gonna lose sleep over. Phone is meant to be used not babied :D

wiggy97

macrumors newbie
Jun 21, 2010
Battery life a major problem

Preordered so it was a first production run- worked ok until early Jan when severe overheating occurred and battery life shrank to an hour or so extended only by going to airplane mode!
Took into "genius" who gave me the bs about corrupt firmware and they recommended restarting and downloading new firmware ie wiping the machine - not happy but eventually did it. Convinced that it is a hardware issue exacerbated by crappy software as the battery life is better than it was but nowhere near as good as the iphone 4 even having learned how to close programs to save battery life.
Oh and the 4G coverage is hardly worthy of an international phone! Here in the Uk only one network can be used on the iPhone 5 for 4G so I am going to start a class action if I don't get satisfaction.
Come on apple - you are slipping; thinking seriously about a Galaxy 4 next time

dwaynewilliams

macrumors member
Mar 17, 2013
I had a launch day iPhone 5 and had an erratic power button after a few weeks. Went to the apple store and they gave me a new one. No issues since!

The experience with the Apple store is amazing. I have never had an issue there and they are really fast at resolving your issue.

Matthew9559

macrumors 6502a
Apr 7, 2007
Cleveland, OH
Since it launched. I dropped mine quite a few times without a case so its my bad but I have two issues.

Scratch on camera lense which is noticeable in some pictures.
Power button doesn't always work.

itjw

macrumors 65816
Dec 20, 2011
Launch day 64GB in black and the wife has a 16GB in black from October as well.

Both run naked now that I've explained to her why it makes no difference (the difference in price between a grade A+ and a grade A- phone come resale time is often less than the cost of the case anyway... and we both have AC+ in case of catastrophe). It's been incredible seeing how well they hold up.

Mine is still a 9.9 out of 10. Only the "scuffgate is ruining my life" crowd would even be able to find the "flaw" which is a tiny "scuff" from a crummy headphone jack.

Wife started with a case (Tones), discovered the case was leaving marks on the chamfered edge, and has gone without a case since. One tiny "ding" on the upper chamfer is the only damage she's incurred (and she throws it in her purse, I at least carry it in an empty, clean, pocket haha...).

The phone itself? Darn near perfect. Sure iOS is old, but the A6 makes it feel liquid, and the games/apps feel like they don't tax the system at all now (and despite the 4S being fabulous, you COULD bog it down... not the 5, yet at least, in a normal application not designed to do it).

The 5 has been absolutely amazing in function. There is nothing it does poorly, even if there are areas it could be improved (and there are, but again, it's nothing that impacts the overwhelming positive experience).

We'll be getting the 5S, not because we need to, but because there's no reason not to. Every iPhone has gotten better. Although I do like the 2G over the 3G :p.

Borrowed a friends S3 for a week while he was out of the country (he was trying to convince me to swap), and all it did was convince me beyond any doubt that the 5 is the superior total package. Not that the screen is X, or the processor is Z, just that Apple has the total experience thing pretty well nailed.

:apple:

scorpio1973

macrumors 6502a
Aug 5, 2009
I've had my iPhone 5 since early November 2012 and there have been no problems. Very happy with it. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.