Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today updated both of its photo editing and management platforms. Aperture has been updated to version 3.4.4 while iPhoto has been updated to version 9.4.3. The updates contain several bug fixes and stability improvements and can be downloaded via the Mac App Store or Software Update.

iphotoaperture.jpg

Aperture 3.4.4:
-Addresses an issue that could cause Aperture to quit unexpectedly during image import
-Nikon P7700 RAW images are now displayed correctly in the Import window
-Thumbnails with version names longer than 250 characters are now displayed correctly
-Fixes an issue that could cause multiple warning dialogs to appear when web albums are synced after waking from sleep
-Addresses an issue that could cause Aperture to quit unexpectedly when uploading photos to Photo Stream
-Shared Photo Stream invitation lists now scroll correctly
-Includes stability and performance improvements
iPhoto 9.4.3:
-Photos can now be deleted from My Photo Stream by dragging to the Trash
-Photos can now be exported from Photo Stream using the Export command in the File menu
-RAW images manually imported from My Photo Stream are now editable
-Fixes a bug that could cause manually-rotated photos to appear unrotated when shared to Photo Stream
-Addresses an issue that could cause iPhoto to quit unexpectedly while syncing to Facebook
-Resolves an issue that could cause calendar text to appear at the wrong font size, resulting in order cancellation
-Fixes an issue that could cause books to have an incorrect number of pages after rearranging two-page spreads
-Includes stability improvements
Aperture is available for $79.99 on the Mac App Store. [Direct Link]

iPhoto is available for $14.99 on the Mac App Store. [Direct Link]

Article Link: Aperture and iPhoto Updated with Performance Enhancements and Bug Fixes

Razeus

macrumors 603
Jul 11, 2008
LOL, no RAW support for the 7100 Apple?

This is not the update Aperture users are looking for...

jadot

macrumors 6502a
Apr 6, 2010
UK
What if I buy A3 now. How long, if any, will A4 be a free upgrade? :confused:

Just buy Aperture 3, and put a little away every month for the next few years - you'll be able to pay for Aperture 4 when it's released then, and likely have some money left over...

----------

In the wake of Adobe's announcement, Apple's next instalment of the Aperture upgrade cycle debacle is perilously close to farcical.

gusnyc

macrumors 6502
Sep 18, 2007
New York City
Aperture lagging...

I really thought Aperture was going to be left to die. Before this update the performance was horrendous. I have to say that in the first 10 minutes or use after the update there is a big improvement in performance.

But I think Aperture is lagging behind Lightroom. I downloaded the beta yesterday, and some of the functionality is very impressive.

I can only wish Apple is taking Aperture seriously. Photostream is a big deal to me. If I move to Lightroom, I will miss it tremendously.

Razeus

macrumors 603
Jul 11, 2008
Can you tell me when was the last time that an Aperture update contained raw support for new cameras?

Sure. Never. Does that mean Apple couldn't put out the compatibility update out with the rest of their updates today? Especially updates that pertain to iPhoto and Aperture. That's just me thinking logically.

----------

I really thought Aperture was going to be left to die. Before this update the performance was horrendous. I have to say that in the first 10 minutes or use after the update there is a big improvement in performance.

But I think Aperture is lagging behind Lightroom. I downloaded the beta yesterday, and some of the functionality is very impressive.

I can only wish Apple is taking Aperture seriously. Photostream is a big deal to me. If I move to Lightroom, I will miss it tremendously.

Why would you miss it? You can configure LR to export to iPhoto and have configure iPhoto to automatically put new photos in Photostream.

manu chao

macrumors 604
Jul 30, 2003
Sure. Never. Does that mean Apple couldn't put out the compatibility update out with the rest of their updates today? Especially updates that pertain to iPhoto and Aperture. That's just me thinking logically.
Let me rephrase, when was the last time Apple released an Aperture update and a raw support update on the same day?

manu chao

macrumors 604
Jul 30, 2003
Now you're just reaching for an argument. :rolleyes:
My point is that is unrealistic to expect a raw support update on the same day as an application update. Thus everybody who is disappointed by no raw support update appearing today, was having unrealistically high expectations and was setting him or herself up for that.

zedsdead

macrumors 68040
Jun 20, 2007
Apples mac apps are all in serious need of updates.

Namely, iWork, Aperture, and Logic.

People still use their Macs for professional use.

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
Now you're just reaching for an argument. :rolleyes:

My point is that is unrealistic to expect a raw support update on the same day as an application update. Thus everybody who is disappointed by no raw support update appearing today, was having unrealistically high expectations and was setting him or herself up for that.

You are 100% correct manu chao given that Adobe updated Aperture weeks ago with RAW support for the 7100. This is ridiculous.

mrow

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2009
When is Apple going to support delta updates for its own Apps? Having to download a 1.12GB file for 8 minor fixes to iPhoto is ridiculous.

phoenixsan

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2012
We will....

see, sometime, a full fledged version of Aperture? Not an iOS one nor a fiasco as the initial FCPX....

Hope sometimes dies hard....:(:eek:

:):apple:

gusnyc

macrumors 6502
Sep 18, 2007
New York City

----------

Why would you miss it? You can configure LR to export to iPhoto and have configure iPhoto to automatically put new photos in Photostream.

Can you configure Lightroom to share the library with Aperture or to export to Aperture instead of iPhoto?

fangsunflower

macrumors newbie
Apr 17, 2013
[url=http://cdn.macrumors.com/im/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png]Image[/url]

Apple today updated both of its photo editing and management platforms. Aperture has been updated to version 3.4.4 while iPhoto has been updated to version 9.4.3. The updates contain several bug fixes and stability improvements and can be downloaded via the Mac App Store or Software Update.

Aperture 3.4.4:
iPhoto 9.4.3:Aperture is available for $79.99 on the Mac App Store. [Direct Link]

iPhoto is available for $14.99 on the Mac App Store. [Direct Link]

Article Link: Aperture and iPhoto Updated with Performance Enhancements and Bug Fixes

glad to hear this, i like iphone!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.