Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

d4m1r

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 1, 2011
Bosnia
Hey guys, basically I recently installed Windows 7 on my 2012 13" MBP and its largely working fine but there is a minor annoyance that is bugging me....Every time I boot into Windows, my keyboard back lighting is set to 100%. Using fn+f4 I can manually turn it down to 0% (off) but when I reboot into Windows, it is back to 100%...

Is there anyway to completely disable keyboard back lighting under Windows or to at least get it to remember what I set it to? :confused:

d4m1r

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 1, 2011
Bosnia
Still looking to resolve this, and probably should add that the same thing happens under linux actually....Screen brightness and keyboard backlighting are always set to 100% when I boot into it, so it seems OS X is the only one that is able to remember my presets :confused:

Michael Goff

Suspended
Jul 5, 2012
Still looking to resolve this, and probably should add that the same thing happens under linux actually....Screen brightness and keyboard backlighting are always set to 100% when I boot into it, so it seems OS X is the only one that is able to remember my presets :confused:

There's an option in the Power Plan Assistant for that, but I don't know of a normal way to do it.

d4m1r

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 1, 2011
Bosnia
There's an option in the Power Plan Assistant for that, but I don't know of a normal way to do it.

"Power Plan Assistant"? Under which OS is that?

It's an issue under both Windows 7 and Ubuntu 12.04 for me it seems...

Michael Goff

Suspended
Jul 5, 2012
"Power Plan Assistant"? Under which OS is that?

It's an issue under both Windows 7 and Ubuntu 12.04 for me it seems...

Power Plan Assistant is a Windows Program that you install before installing Trackpad ++. Of course, you don't have to install the other one to use it.

The program helps with.. well.. power plans.

d4m1r

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 1, 2011
Bosnia
Thanks for the recommendation! Installed both his Trackpad++ and Power Plan Assistant....Great little applications :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.