Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thehustleman

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 3, 2013
If Apple really wanted to create the "best possible user experience" why are their actions contradicting those words?

For those that need examples

1. IAP - I don't know anyone that DOESN'T hate downloading a so called "free" game but to advance past a certain level or be able to compete you have to pay money. If Apple was so concerned with user experience, why didn't they ban IAP from ever being used? That would definitely improve the user experience.

2. No widgets - I want to look at my schedule, why do I have to open a whole nother app just to do it? Why can't u have controls on my home screen so that I can flick then on and off at will?

3. No pull down settings! Why can't I simply reach up and turn my hot spot in or off? Why can't I turn on my flashlight easily? Why can't I just adjust settings like bluetooth or wifi from the pulldown menu?

4. Limited setup
Why can't I use a live wallpaper? Why can't I change the way the home screen looks?

If Apple really cared about the user experience they wouldn't do these things.

And before some idiot says "they wanted to keep it simple" options don't equate to complexity. If you don't like an option, merely don't use it.

So why didn't apple actually live by their motto of the best user experience?

Greatness doesn't require dumbing down

AQUADock

macrumors 65816
Mar 20, 2011
Are you trying to troll or something? If you want those features get an android device, discussing this matter will go nowhere.

takeshi74

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2011
If Apple really wanted to create the "best possible user experience" why are their actions contradicting those words?
1. You're incorrectly assuming that your notion of "best possible user experience" is universal.
2. You're incorrectly assuming that user experience is the only variable at play. there are certainly other considerations that Apple has to take into account.

If you don't like an option, merely don't use it.
Pot, kettle.

If IOS doesn't meet your requirements and another OS does then switch. None of the items you listed are must haves for my "best possible user experience". Best is always highly subjective regardless of topic so, obviously, YMMV.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.