Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rickymarks

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 17, 2013
I had change my macbook ram but when i installed back the bottom case it did not fit perfectly. If anyone knows how to fix this any help will be good. I already tried looking for the different screws but that only applies to the macbook pro. thanks. btw i have a macbook 13"

SPNarwhal

macrumors 65816
Apr 22, 2009
illinois
I had change my macbook ram but when i installed back the bottom case it did not fit perfectly. If anyone knows how to fix this any help will be good. I already tried looking for the different screws but that only applies to the macbook pro. thanks. btw i have a macbook 13"

The Macbook only came in 13". :p

You might just not have it aligned. Try removing it completely and wiggling it around until it "snaps" back into place.

rickymarks

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 17, 2013
The Macbook only came in 13". :p

You might just not have it aligned. Try removing it completely and wiggling it around until it "snaps" back into place.

i did that this morning but when i put the screws back in it goes back to the unfit way.

SPNarwhal

macrumors 65816
Apr 22, 2009
illinois
i did that this morning but when i put the screws back in it goes back to the unfit way.

Well that's weird.. I've have cases that do that until the screws get tight and then it will cause the bottom lid to adjust. Not sure what to tell you. I'd just keep trying as weird as that sounds. I don't think there's a solution for a case that fits, not fitting. Other than just reapplying it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.