Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fireman32

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 30, 2010
Raleigh, NC
Welcome to this weeks photo thread!

Theme: Technology

Since I am one of the biggest geeks out there and I love nothing more then gadgets lets see your best pictures of your favorite tech stuff. This can be high tech, low tech however you interpret it to be.

Rules:
You may only submit one photo per contest.
Please do not comment on photos until after the judging has taken place.
The contest runs for exactly one week, starting NOW! (see time/date stamp at the start of this thread)
At the end of the week, The Judge (last week's Winner) will choose a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place photo, providing as much feedback as possible. (Judge has 24 hours to make decision)
The 1st place Winner will start a new thread with the topic/theme of their choice, and act as the Judge for that contest. (Winner has 48 hours to create new theme)

astrosinmyeyes

macrumors member
Feb 9, 2010
Vienna, Austria
New Mini

Stopped

Attachments

• IMG_1447.JPG
    IMG_1447.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 204

genshi

macrumors 6502a
How about self-created sci-fi tech? This is a lighting, art direction and prop test from my forthcoming sci-fi thriller (if I can ever get the funding for it.) Everything in the photo I created myself including the photo itself, of course.

8646264554_30e8263416_c.jpg

Last edited:

fireman32

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 30, 2010
Raleigh, NC
Ok here I go. I am not the best at judging so I am going to do my best. I really enjoyed everyone's pictures.

This is 1960's technology which is still the fastest air breathing aircraft in the world!

[url=http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8043/8083552774_bf7a05caed_b.jpg]Image[/url]
Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird by Paul Kohler, on Flickr

Great shot to start the thread. I have been wanting to take a trip to DC to see this in person. I love this shot.

Cool shot. My only issue with this shot is the blown out reflection but a great composition

Beautiful shot. I love how you got the iridescent glow on the watch.

I really enjoy all of your photographs. I love this one. The old cameras and the old prints. Very well done.

Sorry for the fairly small photo, but here's my keyboard.

Cool shot but I think it's lacking something. Maybe a different angle would have been better.

Great shot. A place I hope to visit someday. Very well composed and I love the fog as well.

The "brains"(processor/CPU) and "eye"(image sensor) that moves our world of digital photography.

[url=http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8361/8409624876_512d910d93_z.jpg]Image[/url]
Digital Age by pmxperience, on Flickr

Very cool shot. It's not often that we get to see whats inside our gear.

Canon 60D, Tamron SP 90mm f/2.8 macro Di, ISO 100, 30 seconds, f/25, 90mm

A shot of the most pressed button that I use on a daily basis. Just like before I think it needs a different angle to make it pop more.

How about self-created sci-fi tech? This is a lighting, art direction and prop test from my forthcoming sci-fi thriller (if I can ever get the funding for it.) Everything in the photo I created myself including the photo itself, of course.

Awesome. I would love to hear more about this movie you are making. Just looking at this makes me want to know as much as possible about it.

There are 3 keys that are stuck down -- MAC

Nice shot. My mom had one just like this. Brings back lots of memories of my mom typing on it.

We are so surrounded by tech nowadays, even if we want to avoid them.

[url=http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8100/8656996300_8b02f80dff_c.jpg]Image[/url]
City scapes by charpi123, on Flickr

I love cityscapes. This is very well done.

I love this shot. Love the shallow depth of field. I am a little distracted by the object in the lower left corner.

A very cool piece of tech. I never learned how to read them but I love this one.

Vintage tech...

This makes me ask the question what is being made? Another cool piece of tech to help make other cool pieces of tech.

Great shot! I see the afterburners on so this guy must of been going very fast and to get such a sharp shot of it must of been very hard. Very well done.

[url=http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8546/8638421234_fdb836da75.jpg]Image[/url]
Belgrade 300 by simbojono, on Flickr

Probably the oldest jetplane on this thread (shot down near to belgrade and put on proud display)

I love old planes. I just feel that this shot is missing something. The background is a little distracting.

Very cool shot. I know one photographer who's name I cant remember right now that has a similar cover photo.

[url=http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8255/8662344350_643cf9454e_c.jpg]Image[/url]
Old School by emtreypics, on Flickr
Canon 7D, 35mm f/1.4L @ f/6.3, 1/250 sec, ISO 200

Now that is old school. Great shot of a vintage piece of tech.

Very hard to pick a top 3 but here is my choice

3rd MacRy
2nd Genshi
1st Acearchie

Congrats to the winners.

acearchie

macrumors 68040
Jan 15, 2006
Wow really wasn't expecting this with all the other great entries! Been really busy this week so had to use an older photo! Didn't think it would end up winning!

Will have a think and post something later today.

Well done to everyone else!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.