Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Evernote today updated Skitch for OS X and iOS to version 2.5, adding a PDF annotation feature that is aimed at Evernote Premium users.

With PDF annotation, files can be modified with shapes, arrows, and text. Important passages can be highlighted and instructions can be added, which makes Skitch an even better collaboration tool. PDFs are sent with a summary of all annotations.

The new version supports Stamps, which are designed to offer fast feedback. For example, Stamps can be placed to indicate whether something is liked, disliked, or unclear in a document. Skitch has also added a plain text notation mode and a Tool Tip to explain the new features.

stamps.jpg
While all Evernote users will receive 30 days of access to PDF annotations, continuing to use the service will require a premium membership. Skitch is free to use, but a premium membership costs $5.00 per month or $45.00 per year.

Skitch for Mac [Direct Link]

Skitch for iOS [Direct Link]

Article Link: Skitch for Mac and iOS Updated with PDF Annotations and Stamps

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
...and still does not remember the arrow size setting between app launches.

This would seem like an easy thing to fix.

Tn9m2C4.png

dyn

macrumors 68030
Aug 8, 2009
.nl
Or use Preview which is free, comes with OS X and does about the same thing as Glui and Skitch do. The only thing it doesn't do is upload the image. For that there are other tools which are free as well. The biggest power of Skitch was that it combined these into 1 little useful tool. That was destroyed the moment Evernote bought Skitch.

talmy

macrumors 601
Oct 26, 2009
Oregon
I still use Skitch version 1, which works fine and doesn't have all the "bad" of version 2. I can capture, annotate, and save on my machine as a PDF. What more do I need?

Sayer

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2002
Austin, TX
This app has been moved into an online, professional visual colaboration tool (soft proofs, sending images of design work to clients, etc). The "premium" service offers larger file size uploads, more "business" oriented options like faster processing for OCR and passcodes to keep people out of sensitive stuff.

If you don't think you need this, then don't use it. Not every product ever made or featured on MacRumors has to be useful to every single possible Mac/iPad user worldwide past and present.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.