Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ParagJain

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 24, 2011
Hi,

Just a quick one that i seem unable to resolve;

If i want to reject a call and reply with a message, iPhone is always sending iMessage even if the recipient is not having iMessage. I have to open the messages, copy it and send it again as sms.

is there a way i can send it as a SMS instead.

Thanks

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
messages that fail to send as an imessage, can revert to SMS after a period of time. goto settings > messages > turn "send as sms" to on. after 5 mins, a failed imessage will turn green ans send as an SMS instead.

rf61985

macrumors member
Mar 2, 2013
This is an issue with ios. It keeps trying to send an iMessage even if the other person isn't an ios user. It happens with sending links from safari or even a photo straight from your camera roll. Only way around it now is by keeping the option to send as SMS on. It's annoying.

ParagJain

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 24, 2011
If i do that then manytimes, my international imessages are converted to sms; and i am being charged heavily for it.

this is so annoying, its like you either pick this or the other thing, but can't have both ...

thanks guys for the response. appreciate it.

rf61985

macrumors member
Mar 2, 2013
Exactly the reason I want it fixed. I submitted feedback to apple so who knows when it'll be fixed

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.