Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

flclkun

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 19, 2013
Okay so i purchased my first Apple computer a few weeks ago and im really enjoying it, but being a pc gamer there is alot to be desired. So i went ahead and setup bootcamp w/ Win 7 and im happy for the most part ( i haven't done any gaming just yet).

Now im aware of the intel HD gpu not being detected because of lack of bootcamp driver support and the fan control issues (which the latter im dealing with with lubbos).So my question is, Does the fan control and gpu issue still exist when running windows 8 in bootcamp or is this just an issue with Windows 7?

I have a copy of both and i personally dislike win 8 but if the driver support is better and i dont have to worry about frying/melting any of my components then i'll use windows 8 instead of 7.

Also i've tried searching for solutions as to why lubbos is always reading my cpu temp at 90C (i use realtemp for actual readings) but had no luck.

If anyone could give me some info that'd be great

Thanks in advanced.

tillsbury

macrumors 68000
Dec 24, 2007
Windows 8 runs flat out on my rMBP, lasts about an hour and a half playing Age of Empires HD on battery! :) AC power is pretty much required when gaming.

There's no good reason why there couldn't be better drivers, support for graphics switching, or at least manually choosing between the cards. Except that neither Microsoft nor Apple can be bothered I suppose...

If I were Apple I have to say I'd improve the drivers, if only to show clearly how good the hardware was...

swerve147

macrumors 6502a
Jan 12, 2013
Also i've tried searching for solutions as to why lubbos is always reading my cpu temp at 90C (i use realtemp for actual readings) but had no luck.

If anyone could give me some info that'd be great

Thanks in advanced.

This is a known bug in Lubbos when you hit the Default button in the program. To correct it you need to edit the FanControl.ini file with Notepad.

In FanControl.ini replace the CPUkey setting with the following then save the file:

CPUkey=TC0F

(formerly CPUkey=TC0D)

Hope this helps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.