Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrsir2009

macrumors 604
Sep 17, 2009
Melbourne, Australia
i put my phone in my back pocket and sit on it all the time. its not hurting the phone any and its no different than keeping a wallet in the back pocket

It'd be fine sitting down on soft surfaces, like couches and armchairs, I guess... But it mustn't be comfortable sitting on something like a hard plastic chair :eek:

jimbo1mcm

macrumors 68000
Mar 21, 2010
Keep it in rice for at least three days, then bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour and serve with fish. Actually, get another phone!!

Crvntscndy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 5, 2012
Texas , USA
Can we move these "I drop my phone in <insert your nasty place here>" posts to a forum of their own so I don't have to see them? :p

LOL. Maybe it's parents' bought so no skin in the game.

I am sure the guys made of money.

The initial posting suggests that he is.

Agreed. It might work now, but problems could arise in the future.

Agreed, the OP should be more careful with his things.

:D

In this case, it fell out of the back pocket. Just because OP had the phone in his pocket while in the bathroom, doesn't mean that he was going to use it there.

Ok just saw all the replies & 1. I'm a girl not a guy, thank you very much.:p 2. Had it in my back pocket and wasn't going to even use my phone nor the toilet:confused: 3.I paid for it myself, not my parents:rolleyes: 4. The first time I had to replace it was because I was with my siblings & had a big argument, let's just say I never expected my sister to go for my phone and slam it on the ground :eek:, I know crazy bitch.

So yea I have learned my lesson & my phone is sitting on rice as we speak for a week. If that doesn't work I'll end up getting another replacement, oh well.

& yes I understand a bunch of you saying "go ahead just get the replacement." But as its my last incident I'd prefer to wait this week and see if it works for a while before getting it replaced because you never know if I'd end up needing that replacement in the future, I know bad iPhone owner :(.

Again thank you all for your responses :)

Pinkstiletto66

macrumors 6502a
Dec 12, 2010
New York City.
Keep it in rice for at least three days, then bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour and serve with fish. Actually, get another phone!!

Lmao. :p I knew a guy that did that with his phone he turned the oven on and his phone started working after some time. I can't recall the length of time or degrees but it started working again, lol.

Fouracre44

macrumors regular
Jun 6, 2012
Okay dude, first you need to help yourself & admit the real situation.

You were taking a poo, right? You were texting someone and due to the humidity of the region, your hands were clammy. You dropped the iphone into the poo pile in the toilet boil. Naturally, you grab the tongs and try to grab the phone only making the situation worse. Now you have a poo covered iphone. Desperately, you seek out the advice of MacRumors Forums members to try and help you alleviate the direness of the situation, although it's too late.

You breathe slowly and try to ignore the smell, coming from your new Ipoo 5.

Crvntscndy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 5, 2012
Texas , USA
Okay dude, first you need to help yourself & admit the real situation.

You were taking a poo, right? You were texting someone and due to the humidity of the region, your hands were clammy. You dropped the iphone into the poo pile in the toilet boil. Naturally, you grab the tongs and try to grab the phone only making the situation worse. Now you have a poo covered iphone. Desperately, you seek out the advice of MacRumors Forums members to try and help you alleviate the direness of the situation, although it's too late.

You breathe slowly and try to ignore the smell, coming from your new Ipoo 5.

Umm what part of I'm a girl didn't you understand? :confused:How could I drop my phone if i were even doing the restroom? Doesn't make sense. Either way I already explained the real situation, which was my phone falling from my rear pocket.

----------

Lmao. :p I knew a guy that did that with his phone he turned the oven on and his phone started working after some time. I can't recall the length of time or degrees but it started working again, lol.

Heard of this too but I feel like its too risky. :( But I'll just wait out a week, if not I'm gonna end up getting a replacement :)

mbp17xxx

macrumors regular
Mar 23, 2011
Sydney
I've read around but no one mentions not being able to turn it off and having a flickering screen or anything, so have any of you gone through this? Or have any tips?

mine got wet, same thing when I slide to unlock the screen flickered from white/black... then just black, cannot turn it off, flash light was always on, put it in the rice box for a week then the screen just turned on, as Ive says it "magical" :D. Now my flash light is always turned on, so far no other hidden damages.

i only have the 1yr warranty, so since the liquid indicators turned red, they voided my warranty :(

Crvntscndy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 5, 2012
Texas , USA
mine got wet, same thing when I slide to unlock the screen flickered from white/black... then just black, cannot turn it off, flash light was always on, put it in the rice box for a week then the screen just turned on, as Ive says it "magical" :D. Now my flash light is always turned on, so far no other hidden damages.

i only have the 1yr warranty, so since the liquid indicators turned red, they voided my warranty :(

Put it in rice at night when you sleep. I've heard it can help more sometimes.

And I was cautious enough to buy the extended AppleCare :)

Bako-MacAddict

macrumors 68000
Jun 7, 2012
California
I dropped my iphone today next to the toilet today and my corner bent a little bit . I'm a bit annoyed although it gave my phone a little bit character I guess, Lol . Almost 7 months and never drooped it . Uhrr

RoastingPig

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2012
SoCal
i dropped my 3g in a porta potty once and i just cut my losses and left it..im like jerry seinfeld i could have never used it again it landed on a fresh baked brownie too

Crvntscndy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 5, 2012
Texas , USA
:( Didn't work

Hi everyone,

Well tonight after 5 days I believe, it didn't turn on. Not even vibrate. Not even an apple. Or a black or white screen.

So I'm guessing it got fried?

The thing is I had it jailbroken. Yup a problem.

Would any of you by any chance happen to know if they could still turn it on and see its been jailbroken?:(

Christian 5G

macrumors 65816
Jun 16, 2010
Orange County, CA
Hi everyone,

Well tonight after 5 days I believe, it didn't turn on. Not even vibrate. Not even an apple. Or a black or white screen.

So I'm guessing it got fried?

The thing is I had it jailbroken. Yup a problem.

Would any of you by any chance happen to know if they could still turn it on and see its been jailbroken?:(

Probably yes, they won't like it if they will turn it on somehow, keep us posted if you get a replacement. And be careful next time!

S

syd430

Use the Apple Care. Don't listen to anyone here. There's a good chance your phone will fail again in some capacity in the future due to corrosion from the impurities in the water over time. It might be when you need the phone the most. Don't take the risk.

----------

i could have never used it again it landed on a fresh baked brownie too

Bet you forgot to mention that on your ebay ad when you put it up for sale...

Crvntscndy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 5, 2012
Texas , USA
Use the Apple Care. Don't listen to anyone here. There's a good chance your phone will fail again in some capacity in the future due to corrosion from the impurities in the water over time. It might be when you need the phone the most. Don't take the risk.

----------

Bet you forgot to mention that on your ebay ad when you put it up for sale...

Do you know if they'll know it was jailbroken since it wont turn on and I can't restore it?

Or do they even take the time to fix it and see if it is?

S

syd430

Do you know if they'll know it was jailbroken since it wont turn on and I can't restore it?

I don't think they would check for this or care. Besides, I don't see what other choice you have than to ask for a replacement.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.