Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RobertOttawa

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 17, 2013
Ottawa, Canada
Hi,

Running OS 10.6.8 and Mail 4.6 on iMac5,1. I have an account with Rogers and have an @rogers.com email address, and I download POP email to my iMac.

I have been having intermittent problems sending mail for 3-4 years, that is, now then mail won't be sent, and I have to re-send. I've learned to live it with, not sure with which upgrade it started.

But I've never had problems receiving until last week. All of a sudden my Rogers POP will occasionally not work at all, occasionally work normally, and sometimes only download some of the email on the server. I confirm all this by logging into Rogers web mail, with which I do not have problems.

I only download email to one desktop, I don't have a smart phone or any other device. I contacted Rogers and they were no help, suggested re-installing Mail.

I've since googled and find lots of similar complaints with seeming no resolutions.

I assume someone must have changed something somewhere because I haven't. Anyone have any idea if something is going on?

One odd thing is that my wife's iMac 7,1, running same version software, connected via wireless upstairs has had no such problems.

How can email be unstable in 2013? Is it not mature yet?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.