Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sokkimleng

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 19, 2013
Cambodia, PhnomPenh
A long time ago I downloaded and installed an app from the Appstore onto my mac called Angry Birds.

I have no need for this app anymore, so I used AppZapper to delete it off my computer. However, I get an alert from the Mac App Store saying there is an update for Angry Birds ( even though none of Angry Birds's files are on my computer). I don't want to update coz it charge $4.99. When I click Update,

And I also did like that:
Launch Activity Monitor and change "My Processes" at the top to "All Processes", then make sure the app you want to remove is not running. If it is, quit the process before proceeding.
Launch Finder and search for the app name (hopefully unique, such as Skype)
You can narrow the search to specific folders or search your whole Mac
Searching "File Name" vs "Contents" usually provides better results.
Click the + button below the search term to add criteria
Click the search criteria drop-down and select "Other...", then "System files"
Click the "don't include" and change to "include"
Sort by name, kind, date, etc. to identify components of the app, such as folders, .plist files, cache files. etc.
Delete all files and folders related to the app.
Don't empty your Trash until you've determined that everything is working OK, in case you need to restore something you deleted by accident.
A reboot might be necessary to completely remove some apps.

But it isn't appear :(

I would be very grateful if someone could tell me how to properly get rid of this app so the app store no longer thinks I have it on my computer and no longer tells me to update.

Please help!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.