Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

beMaC

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 21, 2011
Just curious as to see how everyone else's battery is holding up from daily use.

Here's mine..

Attachments

• photo (1).PNG
    photo (1).PNG
    108.5 KB · Views: 150

beMaC

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 21, 2011
What do you do on your phone that uses barely any battery?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

Is meaningless.

If u been texting all day and I just watched 2 videos, obviously mine is going to run down faster.

Yes, Mrbobb thats true, but I meant it as an average daily use.

Zmanbaseball, use it for videos, texts, browsing internet, games, downloading apps, music. All on a daily basis.

beMaC

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 21, 2011
Dam how do you get 11hr doing all of that.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

I dunno, that's why I was wondering what everyone elses was like, cause it's a dramatic improvement from my iPhone 4s which didn't last a day including standby.

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
My average is about 12 hours, which includes 2-3 hours if music streaming. I never go without charging it overnight because my usage can vary wildly, and I also like to use GPS from time to time. I carry a zagg sparq (external battery) in my bag, which is good for three full charges though, so chances of going dead at slim.

Ivabign

macrumors 6502
Mar 27, 2011
SoCal
All of the sudden my battery performance has gone to pot - I updated to 6.1.3 - I have a Verizon iPhone 5 - I charge it every night - usually by the time work ends, I have 60% left - now I am at 24% at 1:30pm - My usage says 3 hours 4 minutes and 7 hours 43 minutes standby - I have reset network settings, but no better. I am not doing anything different - but my battery seems to be draining really, really fast.

mtneer

macrumors 68040
Sep 15, 2012
It also depends on your signal strength. I see a marked decrease in my battery life when I am at my parents' where the cell signal is much weaker than where I am at now.

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
All of the sudden my battery performance has gone to pot - I updated to 6.1.3 - I have a Verizon iPhone 5 - I charge it every night - usually by the time work ends, I have 60% left - now I am at 24% at 1:30pm - My usage says 3 hours 4 minutes and 7 hours 43 minutes standby - I have reset network settings, but no better. I am not doing anything different - but my battery seems to be draining really, really fast.

It's because 6.1.3 is a battery hog. Been documented many times.

JGC1986

macrumors regular
Jul 5, 2008
My iPhone 5's battery is absolutely terrible...I have to charge it twice a day. I have turned down screen brightness, set email up to only check hourly, location services off...I do not do anything but look at facebook/instagram on it and a few texts/25 min total of calls a day.

I am kinda considering taking it to the Apple store today since I am going into the office for half the day, and my work is a few miles away from it.

Dominicanyor

macrumors 65816
Apr 1, 2012
Florida
Ok everyone, I've had my refurbish iPhone 4S for 3 days now and I notice that my battery is not lasting long like my first 4s. Is there anything that I could do to have a better battery life??

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
Ok everyone, I've had my refurbish iPhone 4S for 3 days now and I notice that my battery is not lasting long like my first 4s. Is there anything that I could do to have a better battery life??

3459348756 threads and tons of pages on google on how to make your devices battery last longer. search.

location services off, mail not on push and screen brighness turned down to name a few.

but i bet its simply 6.1.3 thats doing it. in that case, theres nothing you can do but wait for the next OS to come out.

Dominicanyor

macrumors 65816
Apr 1, 2012
Florida
3459348756 threads and tons of pages on google on how to make your devices battery last longer. search.

location services off, mail not on push and screen brighness turned down to name a few.

but i bet its simply 6.1.3 thats doing it. in that case, theres nothing you can do but wait for the next OS to come out.

Thanks for the info!!

R.Stoychev

macrumors 6502a
Dec 23, 2012
I get around 5/6h usage and 2 days max standby, I use a lot 3G for surfing the web and etc., phone calls and messaging :)

appleuser42113

macrumors newbie
Apr 20, 2013
Here is my iPhone 4S battery usage. I'm satisfied with the battery life but I want it to be better if possible.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 58
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.