Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jynto

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 16, 2012
Nottingham, UK
I just had one of my most memorable nightmares in a while, and it was about my MacBook Pro being stolen. Allow me to explain. I often dream about tech. There was this one dream when I was using five Magic Trackpads at once. And another where I heard a 'leak' that Apple was going to buy Microsoft.

In real life I own a 13-inch MacBook Pro. And while it isn't the dream machine in my signature, it has been my only computer for almost 3 years. I love it to bits. Anyway, the dream:

My roommate and I almost managed to see the burglar, but he got away before we could find him. We didn't know what he had stolen, until I realised with horror that he had taken (among other things) my precious MacBook Pro.

We reported it to the police as soon as possible. At least one of my roommates' computers was also stolen, so we went to the computer shop to buy a new one. I needed a computer right away, so until they found mine, I decided to rent a Chromebook.

My 12-core Mac Pro (because apparently I had one in the dream) had been stolen too. I didn't admit this to anyone, mainly because I was too ashamed to admit that my £3000-4000 computer had been stolen. But also I wasn't sure I had one in the first place, or if I'd just dreamed it (how meta). I certainly couldn't have afforded it as a student, when I never have that much money in my bank account at any one time.

There were several Chromebooks and Chromeboxes available to rent, but all the cheap ones were gone. I pointed to the only one I liked, but when I looked at it from the side, it was actually be an iMac G3. I left emptyhanded.

Later, only a day after the burglary, the receptionist of the hotel we lived in told me there was good news, and handed me my MacBook Pro (implying it had been recovered by the police). I asked him if they had found a Mac Pro as well, but he said they hadn't. He also gave me a big handful of coins. And while I was a little disappointed to not have a Mac Pro, I was overjoyed to get my MBP back.

I ran upstairs excitedly told my roommates the good news, while hugging my MBP, but I didn't get a response. One of them shouted at the TV because she was playing Skyrim, and the other two just said nothing. The dream ended there.

My subconscious must have forgotten about backup drives, because these were never mentioned as an option. It is rare that I remember this much from a dream, and even rarer to have a nightmare that resolves itself like this.

What about you? Has anyone else had a dream about a Mac, or a Mac rumor?

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
781592d1363530457-ride-your-birthday-suit-birthday-thread-5f600f89_not-sure-if-serious.jpeg

OK, well that was weird.

WhiteIphone5

macrumors 65816
May 27, 2011
Lima, Peru
I just had one of my most memorable nightmares in a while, and it was about my MacBook Pro being stolen. Allow me to explain. I often dream about tech. There was this one dream when I was using five Magic Trackpads at once. And another where I heard a 'leak' that Apple was going to buy Microsoft.

In real life I own a 13-inch MacBook Pro. And while it isn't the dream machine in my signature, it has been my only computer for almost 3 years. I love it to bits. Anyway, the dream:

My roommate and I almost managed to see the burglar, but he got away before we could find him. We didn't know what he had stolen, until I realised with horror that he had taken (among other things) my precious MacBook Pro.

We reported it to the police as soon as possible. At least one of my roommates' computers was also stolen, so we went to the computer shop to buy a new one. I needed a computer right away, so until they found mine, I decided to rent a Chromebook.

My 12-core Mac Pro (because apparently I had one in the dream) had been stolen too. I didn't admit this to anyone, mainly because I was too ashamed to admit that my £3000-4000 computer had been stolen. But also I wasn't sure I had one in the first place, or if I'd just dreamed it (how meta). I certainly couldn't have afforded it as a student, when I never have that much money in my bank account at any one time.

There were several Chromebooks and Chromeboxes available to rent, but all the cheap ones were gone. I pointed to the only one I liked, but when I looked at it from the side, it was actually be an iMac G3. I left emptyhanded.

Later, only a day after the burglary, the receptionist of the hotel we lived in told me there was good news, and handed me my MacBook Pro (implying it had been recovered by the police). I asked him if they had found a Mac Pro as well, but he said they hadn't. He also gave me a big handful of coins. And while I was a little disappointed to not have a Mac Pro, I was overjoyed to get my MBP back.

I ran upstairs excitedly told my roommates the good news, while hugging my MBP, but I didn't get a response. One of them shouted at the TV because she was playing Skyrim, and the other two just said nothing. The dream ended there.

My subconscious must have forgotten about backup drives, because these were never mentioned as an option. It is rare that I remember this much from a dream, and even rarer to have a nightmare that resolves itself like this.

What about you? Has anyone else had a dream about a Mac, or a Mac rumor?

You should get out more often and enjoy the fresh air..

eric/

Sep 19, 2011
Ohio, United States
Might be thinking about computers too much. A friend of mine always had dreams about World of Warcraft because he just played it all the time.

But a dream is a dream. Whateves

eawmp1

macrumors 601
Feb 19, 2008
FL
No problem here.

Nope...nothing to worry about.

Not a thing.

It's really OK.

Perfectly normal.

Really...trust me

OH MY GOD!!!

He's a professional. ;)

And OP, you might want to go out and hit the dating scene.

KaraH

macrumors 6502
Nov 12, 2012
DC
I recently had a dream about a Mac Pro announcement. Then when I woke up and wondered why nobody on the net was talking about it. Gee, could I be any more anxious to hear Apple saying something?

DesertEagle

macrumors 6502a
Jan 10, 2012
/home @ 127.0.0.1
Sounds like you had a real nightmare.

I have often had dreams about program code when working on a difficult problem. Most of the times it has been utter rubbish, but not every time. I never had dreams about Macs specifically, though.

Jynto

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 16, 2012
Nottingham, UK
You should get out more often and enjoy the fresh air..

Tell that to my subconscious!

----------

No problem here.
Perfectly normal.

Come now, there's no need to use the N word.

----------

Well, there is nothing wrong with having a dream like this... it's just the way you put it....

Well, I did write it down within minutes of waking up. So it was still vivid in my mind. Then again, I'm rarely that motivated to write down a dream, so maybe it says something.

----------

I recently had a dream about a Mac Pro announcement. Then when I woke up and wondered why nobody on the net was talking about it. Gee, could I be any more anxious to hear Apple saying something?

Aha! There are two weird people in this thread. It's not just me! I'm not an isolated case!

Jynto

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 16, 2012
Nottingham, UK

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand

I very rarely have tech-related dreams but I had a Mac Pro announcement one a few weeks ago.

The new MP will have a similar form factor to the current one (including retaining the optical drive). There will also be a smaller one, in a white case with rounded edges, called Q-Pi (I have no idea where that name came from!)

:D :eek:

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
I thought you were retired..! :D

From your lips...

Unless I win the lottery, ain't gonna happen. The market crash took care of my very meager investments.

See, even shrinks whine to other people!!:eek:

And even if I were retired, I still get to use silly shrink talk!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.