Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NickyLanzz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 13, 2012
East Coast
I noticed that a lot of people have a Carrier tab on there iPhones, including Verizon iPhones. But on my Verizon iPhone 5 running ios 6.1 I do not have the Carrier tab in my settings. Most people seem to have it. I do have a screenshot of one person having it (On the left) And then a pic of my settings on the right. Is there any way I can get the carrier tab for my settings? Thanks....

--Nick

Attachments

• carrier setting.png
    carrier setting.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 7,433

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
I noticed that a lot of people have a Carrier tab on there iPhones, including Verizon iPhones. But on my Verizon iPhone 5 running ios 6.1 I do not have the Carrier tab in my settings. Most people seem to have it. I do have a screenshot of one person having it (On the left) And then a pic of my settings on the right. Is there any way I can get the carrier tab for my settings? Thanks....

--Nick

The person on the left is on iOS 5. I believe it's a difference. I am on iOS 6 with Verizon and I do not have a cellular tab in settings.

NickyLanzz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 13, 2012
East Coast
I finally figured it out. The setting is only there when you're outside your carrier's network. Basically it only happens when you are out of the US and you're roaming.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.