Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

djr7572

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 29, 2011
I have three apps that, according to the App Store, are Passbook-compatible ... REI, Target, and Apple Store. For some reason, the only one that's showing up in Passbook is REI. Maybe I'm not fully understanding something, but why wouldn't I see Target and Apple Store in there?

Thanks

Nolander07

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2012
You need to get a coupon from the target app and send it to passbook and you need to get a gift card (or something like that) from the apple store app and send it to passbook.

djr7572

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 29, 2011
You need to get a coupon from the target app and send it to passbook and you need to get a gift card (or something like that) from the apple store app and send it to passbook.

That makes sense, thanks.

BSben

macrumors 65816
May 16, 2012
UK
Not sure about other countries, but in the UK Passbook is as useful as a hole in the head. In all the time since it has been introduced it has not gained any momentum here in the UK. I have a feeling that since it is now quite old, it is not going to happen, Passbook is dead (at least in the UK and N.I.)

CTHarrryH

macrumors 68030
Jul 4, 2012
I certainly don't think it gained the momentum that Apple and others had thought it would. I think there are people who use it daily and others who never do - I used it for a while for Starbucks but I found it unreliable (not necessarily Apple's fault) and didn't really save me much time.

More developers need to do something with it and maybe if you could (and I don't know if you can or not) use it for the tube or bus tickets, etc.

Not necessariily dead but for most just no great reason to use.

mrkjsn

macrumors 6502
Jan 10, 2010
Not sure about other countries, but in the UK Passbook is as useful as a hole in the head. In all the time since it has been introduced it has not gained any momentum here in the UK. I have a feeling that since it is now quite old, it is not going to happen, Passbook is dead (at least in the UK and N.I.)

That sucks. As a person that travels often for work, Passbook has been amazing for me. I have an iPhone case that stores my credit cards and ID's. Between that and being able to store my Starbucks cards and plane tickets, it really becomes very handy as I never have to shuffle for them anymore.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.