Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ma1Garv

macrumors newbie
Dec 5, 2012
Boston
Lighter...

Hey everyone,

Damn folks... lighter, thinner, a gram here and a millimeter there.

I read comments about the IPad being too heavy and the IPhone is too big. Heavy... you’re ******** me. Oh and make sure it has storage for the thousands of songs, movies and photos that are on file.

Complaints about wanting a thinner and lighter computer but wanting the ability to open it and add Ram, drives etc.

Thousand will wait in line to get the newest betterer product and six months late queue up again for the next newer betterer model.

We march in step to buy an outstanding product that Apple evolves with little or no input from loyal users and we continue to pay for the award winning boxes and the adapters we need to plug in a peripheral.

I have written before to this site and I will say it again. I am a long-time and loyal Apple user; it is a fine product but given that Apple tells us what we can and cannot do with our computer (soldered Ram, up-grade path etc.) the prices are getting outrageous.

It is likely I will never buy a new Apple again. I will purchase a gently used computer that will allow me to use my thousands of dollars in existing software without having to up-grade software or use an OS that has dozens of features I will never use.

I like this site… As an Apple user and supporter I like that I can piss and moan about the product we all use and hope that someone from Apple is reading what is written.

Take care,

Kevin

Ma1Garv

macrumors newbie
Dec 5, 2012
Boston
Hi DesertEagle,

You make a good point. I believe part of the error was how I wrote the posting.
I'm also still uncertain about how to post.

Take care,

Kevin

DesertEagle

macrumors 6502a
Jan 10, 2012
/home @ 127.0.0.1
Hi DesertEagle,

You make a good point. I believe part of the error was how I wrote the posting.
I'm also still uncertain about how to post.

Take care,

Kevin

Oh, it was very well-written, and with several valid points. The way I see it, there's nothing wrong with how you wrote it, just the wrong sub forum. I like the posting in itself, really. :)

Last edited:

mazz0

macrumors 68040
Mar 23, 2011
Leeds, UK
An SD card slot. A normal aspect ratio instead of the "I Love Lucy" style old school black-and-white-TV aspect ratio. A modern OS. USB host capabilities. USB 3 output. HDMI output. HDMI input. An IR blaster. A Wacomm-style touch screen with variable pressure sensitivity. Enough storage so you can put your entire music and video collection on the device. A half-decent camera.

Do you want me to go on?

Ah, I see, that's not what I thought you meant. I'd say none of those are new features, they're all old tech (or personal opinions, in a couple of cases) that Apple clearly could have included but decided not to. I figured people asking for new features meant something actually new. It's perfectly understandable to want some of that stuff, but that's not lack of innovation on Apple's part, it's a conscious decision to not include them (and indeed, it's not innovation on the part of manufacturers who do include them, it's just a different decision).

Last edited:

yokeybrian

macrumors newbie
Apr 24, 2013
UK
really love the new ipad

Just want to share with everyone,i am really very satisfied to my new ipad,thanks.

iGrip

macrumors 68000
Jul 1, 2010
Mmmh - i do see 4:3, 16:10, 16:9... which one is it?

Not this one:

black_white_pic.jpg

Nowadays, that old-school aspect ratio is used by the iPad almost exclusively.

Last edited:

iSunrise

macrumors 6502
May 11, 2012
I perceive a significant difference in speed when switching apps, which I do a lot. Just because a bunch of reviewers say its not that much faster doesn't make it true. I say it's a LOT faster across the board doing all sorts of things. Just bought the 128GB model to replace my 64. But I must admit to enjoying buying every single new retina iPad and iPhone maxed out that comes out. I'm a sucker for Phil Schiller's RDF. :p :eek: ;)
I don´t perceive any delay when switching apps on an iPad 3. Also, I rather trust a video on Youtube from a reviewer that shows me a comparison between an iPad 3 and an iPad 4, instead of someone who seems to believe anything that comes out of the marketing department of a company. Have fun with your iPad 4 and keep saying it´s the best thing you ever bought until you fall for another product that is just barely better. But don´t expect it to come true, just because you bought it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.