Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Plutonius

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2003
New Hampshire, USA
I get both the Netflix DvD and Netflix streaming options and I find I spend more time watching the DvDs. I wouldn't pay anymore for streaming than I already do.

7thson

macrumors 65816
May 13, 2012
Six Rivers, CA
They add a higher priced family plan but have still yet to add organization of any kind to the queue?.

I couldn't agree more. The only bright side is that it's worlds better than the Amazon Prime UI. Not even a queue to put future viewing content into. Just browse and browse and browse.

zachlegomaniac

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2008
Meh, still comes down to content, and Netflix didn't do it for me.

I would pay more for a bit more content. I think I've exhausted everything I want to watch that is available streaming (although I'll never tire of Cosmos:)).

Ingot

macrumors 6502
Mar 24, 2010
Are you sure your account won't get flagged if they notice your location going from Canada to the US to Europe to the US to Canada in a very short time span, and often?

I don't know if they would, or do, but that would be my only worry. How long have you been doing it?

I have been using Netflix US for months now on my Canadian account with ATV. Computers and ios devices are on Canadian and are used at the same time as ATV. My service has not been terminated.

I think I am going to knock some wood...

SpyderBite

macrumors 65816
Oct 4, 2011
Xanadu
I couldn't agree more. The only bright side is that it's worlds better than the Amazon Prime UI. Not even a queue to put future viewing content into. Just browse and browse and browse.

Amen. There's some great content on Amazon Prime. It's just a nightmare to find it. Especially via the console and smart tv apps. I started doing all my browsing on the computer and filling up my queue for later watching.

milo

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2003
Some (including myself) are underwhelmed by current Netflix streaming library.

If someone really thinks it's lacking, they would go elsewhere for their content. If someone is watching it by "sharing" an account, that just seems like an excuse for being cheap.

Why does this feel like it is going to cost me more money?

Are you streaming more than two shows at once?

DavidLeblond

macrumors 68020
Jan 6, 2004
Raleigh, NC
Wait is the $12/month only for the 4 simultaneous streams or does that also include the split profile? I'd love for normal streaming to have the split profile. Currently my Netflix recommendations are hijacked by the shows my 5 year old daughter watches.

twilcoxen

macrumors newbie
Dec 23, 2008
Colorado, USA
Worth it for profiles alone

$12 is still pretty cheap and to get the disney crap out of my recently watched and recommendations will be worth it right there. Netflix is a great source of content even if not complete. I'm happy to pay another $4 a month to get streams for my 2 daughters and I when they are at their mother's house and be legit.

JAT

macrumors 603
Dec 31, 2001
Mpls, MN
They have a Watchlist. I agree it isn't as good as Netflix overall. And Netflix isn't as good as I'd like, either.
I've streamed Netflix on 3 devices at once, So i don't get it. PS3, Roku, iPhone. Does the iPhone not count?
It keeps stopping me at 2. I've been under the impression they are enforcing the 2 stream rule, and for many months, now.

nutmac

macrumors 603
Mar 30, 2004
If someone really thinks it's lacking, they would go elsewhere for their content. If someone is watching it by "sharing" an account, that just seems like an excuse for being cheap.

While some may balk regardless of the price, to me it's all about value. I admit to being a light viewer (I watch about or less than 10 hours of TV a month) and I am very selective about what I watch. So I cannot justify spending $8/month for Netflix's streaming library. But lower price and/or better selection could change my mind.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.