Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hexonxonx

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 4, 2007
Denver Colorado
I was messing with my iPhone and deleted the carrier file but my phone still thinks that it has 14.1 installed and visual voicemail does not work anymore.

How can I force iTunes to install the carrier file once again? I've downloaded it and have it on my computer. Going to about in settings won't install it again.

I did this because I was using a AT&T data only sim in my 4S and the installed profile to enable data on that sim PLUS the T-Mobile carrier update was causing my battery to drain 1% every few minutes.

Thanks

Last edited:

hexonxonx

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 4, 2007
Denver Colorado
Fixed it. Installed a repo in Cydia to remove the carrier update and then reapplied the update. Got my Visual Voicemail back and now I know what to do to swap sims between the AT&T data only and the T-Mobile sim.

Didn't want to lose my JB just to get this fixed.

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
Fixed it. Installed a repo in Cydia to remove the carrier update and then reapplied the update. Got my Visual Voicemail back and now I know what to do to swap sims between the AT&T data only and the T-Mobile sim.

Didn't want to lose my JB just to get this fixed.

Which repo was that?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.