Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today issued build 12E36 of OS X Mountain Lion to developers, roughly a week after build 12E33a was released. Build 12E36 marks the fourth beta iteration of OS X 10.8.4.
12e36-800x557.png
Apple continues to ask developers to focus on Wi-Fi, Graphics Drivers, and Safari.

The update is available through the software update tool in the Mac App Store and Apple's Developer Page.

Article Link: Apple Seeds Build 12E36 of OS X Beta 10.8.4 Developers

j-a-x

macrumors 68000
Apr 15, 2005
Houston, Texas
I'm a dev with seed access and I can't decide if it's worth downloading this or not. I wish they'd be more specific about changes.

sundragon

macrumors 6502
Dec 27, 2011
Washington, DC
I encountered kernel panic and not waking from sleep in the previous release.

Enough whining about how long this takes and let them get it right!

macrumors 603
Jan 8, 2009
Isn't it always?

I will it admit, every beta release has improved Safari noticeably. I knew some sites weren't loading as some sites weren't updated, which some associated with the reloading lag in Safari. However I haven't experienced reloading the page every time I navigate.

Now, if only Apple released better OpenGL support (and a new Mac Pro) :eek:

Michael Goff

Suspended
Jul 5, 2012
I will it admit, every beta release has improved Safari noticeably. I knew some sites weren't loading as some sites weren't updated, which some associated with the reloading lag in Safari. However I haven't experienced reloading the page every time I navigate.

Better OpenGL support?

I mean, it isn't like both Linux and Windows have good OpenGL support or anything, I'm sure it's fine. >_>

<_<

RedGeminiPA

macrumors member
May 17, 2009
Altoona, PA

So, does Safari still reload when going back a page? That's the most annoying aspect with recent Safari versions... well, other than the huge WebProcess sucking up RAM.

macrumors 603
Jan 8, 2009
So, does Safari still reload when going back a page? That's the most annoying aspect with recent Safari versions... well, other than the huge WebProcess sucking up RAM.

So far it seems much better. Can't say much as I'm not a web developer :eek:

Better OpenGL support?

I mean, it isn't like both Linux and Windows have good OpenGL support or anything, I'm sure it's fine. >_>

<_<

This has been a contention with many for years. Currently, Apple only supports object shading in 4.1. Nada for 4.0, and only 5/10 for 3.3. 4.0+ support has only recently been developed. Other platforms are faring much better in that department. :)

Attachments

• OpenGL.jpg
    OpenGL.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 300

Michael Goff

Suspended
Jul 5, 2012
So far it seems much better. Can't say much as I'm not a web developer :eek:

This has been a contention with many for years. Currently, Apple only supports object shading in 4.1. Nada for 4.0, and only 5/10 for 3.3. 4.0+ support has only recently been developed. Other platforms are faring much better in that department. :)

The really horrible part is when somebody said that my Intel HD 4000 was the thing holding me back when it came to OpenGL support... yet on the Windows side I have support for 4.0 because Intel added support a while back (december or so).

It's frustrating.

macrumors 603
Jan 8, 2009
The really horrible part is when somebody said that my Intel HD 4000 was the thing holding me back when it came to OpenGL support... yet on the Windows side I have support for 4.0 because Intel added support a while back (december or so).

It's frustrating.

Exactly. I miss the OS X focused days, before 10.7. MacRumors and such used to have front page threads when OS X 10.X beta's were released (every 1-2 weeks during a 1-1/2 year testing period). A lot of beta's had new features (even ZFS was tested out in Leopard beta's). Now it seems iOS and social networking integration are main focuses, stability and improved support - not so much. :eek:

----------

If you're a dev, wouldn't it be worth it to test your software with every beta?

This is a good point, and one that makes me dislike the DP's that replaced the clean installs required for 10.X beta releases. As a developer, a clean install for a major release is a better gauge at debugging, etc. than installing beta's over other beta's. Developers (generally) have experienced more issues since 10.7 than before (at least, for those I know).

Michael Goff

Suspended
Jul 5, 2012
Exactly. I miss the OS X focused days, before 10.7. MacRumors and such used to have front page threads when OS X 10.X beta's were released (every 1-2 weeks during a 1-1/2 year testing period). A lot of beta's had new features (even ZFS was tested out in Leopard beta's). Now it seems iOS and social networking integration are main focuses, stability and improved support - not so much. :eek:.

This is my first Mac, so I wasn't around back then.

I'm a bit disappointed, though. When I read about the yearly release cycle, I thought that meant Macs were getting center stage.

Then again, I got a Mac because I heard OS X was optimized for the hardware... which I like the idea of.

kissmo

Cancelled
Jun 29, 2011
Budapest, Hungary
A small improvement

After the update - for me - it looks like it fixed a bug in rearranging apps in the LaunchPad.

Didn't notice any improvement on any other fields.
I have a MBP 17 inch.

What can I say... waiting for 10.9 and the second coming of Christ.

We'll see which one comes first....

JGRE

macrumors 65816
Oct 10, 2011
Dutch Mountains
Exactly. I miss the OS X focused days, before 10.7. MacRumors and such used to have front page threads when OS X 10.X beta's were released (every 1-2 weeks during a 1-1/2 year testing period). A lot of beta's had new features (even ZFS was tested out in Leopard beta's). Now it seems iOS and social networking integration are main focuses, stability and improved support - not so much. :eek:

Hope the social media hype is over soon.....:mad:

DMH3006

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2011
After the update - for me - it looks like it fixed a bug in rearranging apps in the LaunchPad.

Didn't notice any improvement on any other fields.
I have a MBP 17 inch.

What can I say... waiting for 10.9 and the second coming of Christ.

We'll see which one comes first....

Safari memory management seems like it has improved.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.