Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cmm

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 30, 2006
NYC
Looking for a label maker that I can connect to my mac. Does this exist? Thanks!

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
Good question. I have a Dymo 350 Turbo that I use for address labels, and a Zebra 2844 for shipping labels. The Dymo was no problem, the Zebra took some tweaking. I'd like a little label printer like the Brother PT-1230 for small laminated labels, they'll be more durable than the thermals I get from my Dymo, but Brother only supports that on Windows. The P-Touch 2700 Mr. McMac uses looks nice but a bit bulky and expensive.

ssmed

macrumors 6502a
Sep 28, 2009
UK
The Brother and Seiko Business labellers both work well in my experience (10.6 to 10.8.3), lots of options for label sizes/types. We use mainly the SII SLP 440 and 450 with high levels of use without any problems. We have not had one break in over three years for some. The labels are not that cheap and the SII and Dymo labels seem to swap as to which is the cheapest. The software is fairly clunky, but we have designed labels in our database application and in that context we are in good control of the content and great results. These are black & white (thermal) printers.

HTH

SS

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.